We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carver's or Apple Barn?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
290 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Carver's or Apple Barn?

which do you prefer?

East Tennessee
Level Contributor
630 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Carver's or Apple Barn?

The quickest way is through Cosby to Foothills Parkway to I40 East. That said you can go over Hwy 441 into Cherokee or the unimproved road through Cosby. While scenic, they do take a good deal more time.

For the record, the routes are all scenic.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Carver's or Apple Barn?

We have been to Apple Barn many times, it's nothing like it used to be. we will never eat there again- did recently and it was awful. Lukewarm food, barely any taste at all. I think we saw the server twice during the whole meal. I enjoyed the store, but it really seemed like the employees were hurried and rushed to the point of being unfriendly. We won't be back there. I know alot of people are die-hard Apple Barn fans, but we are not part of that crowd.

We haven't been to Carver's but I think we are going to go there during our next trip. It sounds more like what we are looking for.

Level Contributor
1,235 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Carver's or Apple Barn?

Personally, I haven't had any problem going to Cataloochee in the evening. We usually go in September so October may be worse. Go a few hours before sunset and you should see plenty of elk and hear their magnificent bugling. Do it mid-week and you should be okay. We haven't run into crowds in 4 or 5 years.

I highly suggest going through Cosby and taking the Foothills Parkway over to I-40 then I-40 to 276. Going through the Park to Cherokee and over really takes much longer. Either way it is at least a two hour drive from Gatlinburg..

14. Re: Carver's or Apple Barn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 22, 2014