We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatlinburg Honeymoon

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Deville, Louisiana
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Gatlinburg Honeymoon

Hello! No date yet (we are eloping), but we would like to honeymoon in Gatlinburg. After reading through the forums, I thought it would be easier to ask all of you for advice, and see if you could help. I would like a VERY SECLUDED 1 BR cabin that has:

1. hot tub with mountain or river view

2. 4 poster bed with fireplace in bedroom

3. fireplace in living room

4. flat screen tv

No budget yet, b/c if I can find a cabin with everything I want, I would rather stay 2 nights in it than 5 nights in a cabin that doesn't have everything. I am open to all costs. We also would love to go when there is snow, and since we are in Louisiana we don't know when that is? Also open to Pigeon Forge, not just Gatlinburg. Thank you SO MUCH for your time, guys!!!

Shannon in Louisiana :)

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
404 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatlinburg Honeymoon

Are you looking to getting married in Gburg/Smokey Mountains as well, or just honeymoon. We are eloping this November and have the wedding planned with a local company. It will be just the two of us. Here is our cabin. bookings.chaletvillage.com/Unit/Details/70056

Doesn't have the fireplace in bedroom, but does in the living room. Awesome panoramic Views.

Deville, Louisiana
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatlinburg Honeymoon

That cabin is gorgeous!!! I don't want to give up on the FP in the BR just yet, but I love that it says it is close to a grocery store and medical services. I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT GETTING MARRIED THERE. Now you have started me off on a whole new googling frenzy. I'm going to be on this computer for days.

Congratulations to you on your marriage!!!

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,699 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatlinburg Honeymoon

The town of Gat/burg is well known for its reputation as a "marrying" community. There are many churches and wedding chapels set up to marry you. In fact I've read about a few couples getting permission to marry in one of the several pioneer churches in the Cades Cove community in the national park. Now that would be a wedding you'd not soon forget.

Wilder, KY
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatlinburg Honeymoon

Just a warning on the snow... It can be very hit or miss. Any time from November through March could get snow, and the upper elevations obviously get more than Gatlinburg. I know Mt LeConte had a good snowpack for a long time last season, but I don't want you to be disappointed if you go in the middle of January and you don't see a flake (or even anything on the top of mountains).

Deville, Louisiana
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatlinburg Honeymoon

That would be a dream come true, actually, since my family is from Reliance (founded the town and Webb Bros) and we have out family reunion's there every year.. but unless I find a money tree, I can't have a wedding :)

Deville, Louisiana
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatlinburg Honeymoon

Thank you for the warning on the snow! :/

Gatlinburg...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Gatlinburg Honeymoon

check out - A Passionate View rented through Timber Tops!

Gatlinburg...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Gatlinburg Honeymoon

check out - A Passionate View rented through Timber Tops!

Deville, Louisiana
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gatlinburg Honeymoon

Thank you! I will! :)

Norwood, OH
Level Contributor
421 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gatlinburg Honeymoon

Check out the cabin we just rented for next week. It's between PF and Gatlinburg off the spur. They say it's an easy drive up with a nice view. Very clean, flatscreen and fp. Actually 2 bedrooms, but no FP in bedroom. I like that it has a covered deck. The owners advertise it as "feeling as you are the only ones on the mountain." Also read the reviews, they're glowing. Look on vrbo.com. #441327 and see for yourself. Obviously we haven't been to the cabin yet, but you can tell a lot from pictures and reviews. Good luck!