We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

That time again!

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
That time again!

Well, it is officially vacation planning time again, and we have decided we need to get back to the Smokies. We went last September 2012, but that seems like another lifetime ago. Since then I have changed employers, we have moved 6 hours away from where we were, and we have had a baby. So, now we are planning on coming back to Gatlinburg in March/April 2014. So, has anything changed? Any new cabins to look for? Any good deals to know about? Excited and trying to get our budget together!

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: That time again!

Yes, they have opened up a whole new place called The Island with a big sky wheel plus many restaurants and shops like Broadway at the beach.As far as deals I think Hidden mountain cabins are the best, we always rent the East cabins because they are close to town and this company doesn't charge extra for cleaning fees or hot tub fees like many other company's. We haven't used any other company since we found them, wonderful service and VERY NICE cabins.

www.hiddenmountain.com

just click on the East cabins then the number of bedrooms you need. I hope this helps and I hope you have a great trip.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: That time again!

Some things are changing right now. They are building a huge sports complex out 321 by the high school and community center in order to bring in more visitors. Also on hwy 321 is a large shipping/dealer for the Moonshine which has cropped up on billboards everywhere. I don't think it will be a store for the public, but I'm not certain. Really don"t like hearing "moonshine capitol" associated with Gatlinburg.......

Carol

3. Re: That time again!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 pm, August 16, 2013
4. Re: That time again!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 17, 2014