We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We're planning on visiting from friday the 22nd of april to...

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stewkley, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
We're planning on visiting from friday the 22nd of april to...

Do you think we should reserve rooms in advance or will it be easy to get a room if we just turn up on that weekend

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We're planning on visiting from friday the 22nd of april to...

I would never make a trip like that without a reservation. For one thing if you just walk in off the street they will charge you the rack rate for the room which is the highest rate charged. Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge is a very popular place for car shows, motorcycle events and the like and they have them often. If you happened to land in town one of those weekends you would never get a room. You might check the chamber of commerce web page for each city or the visitors bureau web page and see if anything official is scheduled. Be aware it tends to rain a lot in April too. Here's a web page that lists all the chambers and visitors bureaus in the US.

http://www.2chambers.com

charleston sc.
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: We're planning on visiting from friday the 22nd of april to...

I would advise you to make reservation . Have you thought about a cabin ? My wife and I stayed in a beautiful log cabin called (Always & Forever) in Pigion Forge sleepbearcabins.com is the web site . The cost was $100.00 more for the four days we were there than the motel we were thinking of getting. You get a discount like stay two nites get a nite free & the visitors center has coupons to help with the cost.Like 10% off per stay.Enjoy your time in the most beautiful place in the country.

Rockmart
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: We're planning on visiting from friday the 22nd of april to...

I would check out a cabin company called http://www.cabinsforyou.com. They offer great Gatlinburg rental cabins and if you wait to the last minute to book you can get a great discount. Check out the site.

M

Dekalb Illinois
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: We're planning on visiting from friday the 22nd of april to...

I'm not throwing a sales pitch, I am just a regular visitor to the smokies, I even got married there. but to answer your question with not advertising for anyone... You definately want to make a reservation if you desire a cabin... if you are just looking for a Hotel you will probably be ok as long as there isn't anything big happening there at the time like some large name performer at dollywood or something. If you want any recommendations let me know, I have several -Willy Dekalb, IL slickwilly1980@yahoo.com

Stewkley, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We're planning on visiting from friday the 22nd of april to...

Thanks for the info. we decided to go for a cabin a lot were out of our peice range. (we're doing a 3 week fly-drive so Accomodation has to be reasonably priced).

We managed to book this cabin though www.chaletvillage.com/cabinview.cvp… for $332 for 3 nights including tax and cleaning fee.

Hopefully it will be ok.

Danville, Kentucky
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: We're planning on visiting from friday the 22nd of april to...

Definetly get a reservation. Gatlinburg is ALWAYS crowded, to tell you the turth, if you don't get a reservation before you go down there, you might not get a room the hotel you want to stay at. And before i go down i want to know how much my accomidations are going to cost, if you just show up you will not know until you go. Like someone said before, if you catch a bad weekend with buikers or a car show, you will find yourself staying at the smokey mountain motor lodge, or no place at all.

KY
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: We're planning on visiting from friday the 22nd of april to...

My husband and I have visited Gatlinburg every year for the last 10 years and have only made reservations one time. We have never had a big problem finding a room. Of course we arent real picky about where we stay. We will stay as long as it is clean and relatively inexpensive. Most places will let you look at the rooms before you decide to pay and stay.

Northern Kentucky
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We're planning on visiting from friday the 22nd of april to...

I agree with the others. If your looking to stay in a hotel then you'll probably want to book ahead, it is a weekend. Be on the safe side. We have never stayed in a cabin so I do not know about that avenue. We always stay at LeConte View on the Parkway across from the Convention Center. If you choose this place ask for the five story tower with a view of Mt. LeConte. Its a little more expensive but worth it. Feel free to ask any more questions about Gatlinburg or hiking in the Smoky Mnts.

Norwood, OH
Level Contributor
423 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We're planning on visiting from friday the 22nd of april to...

I'm sure you could get a room that way, but I wouldn't do it. You'll spend too much time driving around checking them out. There are so many. Way your options. A hotel is great for getting around town, but we love renting chalets. They are not much more than some hotel rooms. Try www.jacksonmountainhomes.com. They're selection is top notch and the prices are reasonable.

Norwood, OH
Level Contributor
423 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We're planning on visiting from friday the 22nd of april to...

oops...correct my grammar. Their selection