We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is Sky Harbor Resort?

Lenexa, Kansas
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where is Sky Harbor Resort?

We have rented one of Aunt Bugs Cabins in the Sky Harbor Resort Area and only know that it is between Gatlinburg and Pidgeon Forge. They will not give you exact directions until you get there which is a drag. Wanted to see if anyone knew about this place, and where it is.

alabama
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is Sky Harbor Resort?

When you head out of Gatlinburg on the spur(hwy441) towards pigeon Forge,there is a road on the right about halfway called king branch rd.Turn right onto King Branch,and follow it around to the entrance to Sky Harbor on the right.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is Sky Harbor Resort?

What is the big secret about the location? Now I would have to know exactly where I was paying to stay. Never heard of this before. Is this a common practice with some companies?

Lenexa, Kansas
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is Sky Harbor Resort?

They told me that it was for security purposes. They will not give the exact address until you get to the rental office and pay your remaining balance. I have family flying in to Nashville from Arizonia who want to met us at the cabin and cannot even give them directions until we get there. Kinda a pain in the butt!!

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is Sky Harbor Resort?

BSmith,

we've had this experience when we did rent from Aunt Bug's. Their reason for not giving you directions to the cabins you have rented (until you pay in full for the rental) we explained to us as "the guests who are currently renting cabins deserve privacy" and they don't want others driving up to the cabins and asking the guests to let them see inside cabins, etc. Of all the years we've rented cabins, this is the only company that has ever done that. And in all the years of our renting cabins, never have we had someone drive up to our cabin and ask us to let them look around!!!!

Go figure. We don't rent from Aunt Bug's anymore.

stculey, the location you have, the Sky Harbor Resort area, is a great location, halfway between PF and GB. Hope you enjoy it!!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is Sky Harbor Resort?

Well.....OK then. So they say it is for "privacy reasons" and not that they want to keep you in the dark until you put the key in the door. Nope.....not for my money.

I have had owners mail me maps before I have even rented from them.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is Sky Harbor Resort?

Wait a minute, I got to thinking about this.

Who is gonna ride from another state(usually) and check out a cabin before they stay in it?

I can't recall anyone turning around in the driveway or knocking on the door of a cabin we have ever rented either.

Does this company also do some whodoo on you after you leave so you won't remember where you stayed and how you got there?

Lenexa, Kansas
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is Sky Harbor Resort?

I hope not Bsmith, I am totally not in the mood for any crazy stuff!!!HA

Glad to know that the Sky Harbor Area is nice. Has anyone ever stayed at the Appleseed cabin?

Also, I am a great fan of Walmart, is there one close in Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg?

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where is Sky Harbor Resort?

Stculey,

Due to privacy purposes I can not disclose the exact location of the Walmart in the Smoky Mountains........(Just kidding)

There is a Walmart Supercenter right on the Parkway in Sevierville. Sevierville and PF run right into each other. About the only way you leave one and enter another is the numbers on the traffic lights.

Ya'll have a good time. Hope you can remember to let us know how your trip was and let us in on the Exact location of your cabin. I am planning to drive up from Alabama and check it out before I rent it.

I hope the folks staying there won't mind.......

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Somerset,Ky
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where is Sky Harbor Resort?

My husband and I rented a cabin the last 2 yrs for our anniversary from 2 different companies. The first was Wildflower Rentals (not a great experience) and last year was with Sunset Cottages (great service there, no complaints). We were told the same privacy/security thing at both of these places. We'd never rented cabins before then and thought this was a norm.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where is Sky Harbor Resort?

bSMITH....thats funny!

I had the same thing from Aunt Bugs when I was looking for a cabin, they would not tell me where it was, so I rented somewhere else.