We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best exit to Gatilinburg off I40 West coming from NC

Dallas, North...
2 posts
Save Topic
Best exit to Gatilinburg off I40 West coming from NC

What is the exit number you get off on to go to Gatlinburg that is the easiest route. I came to Pigeon Forge this past December and we went all the winding roads and eventually turned left onto Parkway. Once I am on Parkway I know it takes me into Gatlinburg. When we left I just kept going on Parkway and got onto I40 but do not recall the exit number. Am coming from NC on I40 W Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited: 9:04 pm, April 14, 2013
Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best exit to Gatilinburg off I40 West coming from NC

Exit 440 off of I-40 will take you through a short portion of Foothills Parkway and into Cosby TN., Here will be hwy. 321 and it will take you straight into Gatlinburg, its about 15-18 miles from the interstate.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best exit to Gatilinburg off I40 West coming from NC

That would be exit 443 the Foothills Parkway. Take a left when it dead ends, then a right on 321 in Cosby. That will take you right into Gatlinburg in about 20 miles.

Edited: 9:10 pm, April 14, 2013
Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best exit to Gatilinburg off I40 West coming from NC

It could be exit 443. The atlas I'm looking at says exit 440. But anyway signs will be posted on I-40 indicating Foothills Parkway, you can't miss the signs.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best exit to Gatilinburg off I40 West coming from NC

Foothills Pkwy is definitely exit 443.

Dallas, North...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best exit to Gatilinburg off I40 West coming from NC

Thanks for all the quick responses and help. I am leaving tomorrow at noon and just needed some clarification. I appreciate all the info!

6. Re: Best exit to Gatilinburg off I40 West coming from NC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 16, 2014