We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to post a rating about Aunt Bugs

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Usa, Japan
1 post
Save Topic
How to post a rating about Aunt Bugs

I stayed at At Wild Turkey this pass week. Aunt Bugs is a horrible company and ruin your vacation if you let it bother you. The customer service is horrible and they are dishonest. I want to help other people to stay away from their rentals if possible. How do I post a rating/review here on your site please?

The following is the review.

Our trip to TN was very fun. We just wished that our experience with Aunt Bugs would be better.

The salesman charged us $20 plus tax more than the special stated. The special was get 50% off the third night if booked two night. The fee for one night at At Wild Turkey was $160. The total for three nights should be $400 but I was charged $420. But since I did not notice that before he charged me credit card, no refund would be made. Make sure you read each detail charges before you let them run your credit card.

Once we arrived at At Wild Turkey, we thought that Aunt Bugs did a wonderful job at their pictures. The cabin was much older and smaller than what the pictures made us imagined. The cabin was still nice. But we could have gotten the same quality cabin for $99 a night instead of $140 a night.

All these were small stuff and really no big deal.

When we got to the cabin, we realized that the day bed was neither made nor there was sheets and pillows there for us to make the bed. The WIFI was not working. I had to have internet access because I had work to do. While I was frustrated at the things that were not working, I understood that things happened. But what got me was the customer service that Aunt Bugs provided. I never heard the word 'Sorry' from any of the employees that I dealt with. I was told to go to the office to pick up the sheets. I was told that they were to close in about 10 minutes when I asked for password to connect to their WIFI at the office.

I would definitely visit Pigeon Fort again. But I would not rent anything from Aunt Bugs.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to post a rating about Aunt Bugs

Yeah, I've heard alot of bad things about Aunt Bugs, one reason I won't rent from them, another reason is the name "Aunt Bugs" To warn others (and several have wrote bad reviews on here about this company) Up in the top right of your screen you should see your name and then beside it it says "Your Trip Advisor" click here, then scroll down and click on "Contrabutions" and then it should come up to a screen that says something about "Reviews" Near the top you will see some tabs, one says "Write A Review" Click on this and then it will ask you some more questions, like about what are you wanting to write a review on, etc., etc. Its simple to do and shouldn't take but a few minutes. Put your post there and that way people in the future will be able to read about your experience. Sorry to hear about the vacation rental but glad you had a good trip! Before your next trip read the reviews about the rental companies. :)

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,447 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to post a rating about Aunt Bugs

If it's a vacation rental, it might not be listed. Owners have to pay to have vacation rentals listed on TA. To check if it's listed, type the name of the cabin and town in the search box, and see if it comes up.

Greenville, Ohio
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How to post a rating about Aunt Bugs

I have to say that the customer service for Aunt Bug's Cabins is beyond lacking. I can honestly say I will NEVER use them again.

4. Re: How to post a rating about Aunt Bugs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 22, 2015