We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to eat for lunch or supper

Metter, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to eat for lunch or supper

Ive been through the reviews there are too many to count good & bad. We have eaten at Hard Rock & LOVE it, We have eaten at the Pottery house/barn in Pigeon Forge & LOVE it, so please tell me is there another local restaurant we can try. Do not really care for the bar scene, don't want to spend more than $50 for 2 people, of course service is important & so is cooking my food the way I want it. Im thinking of trying Mexican, Italian or just local this time? Any recommendations?

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to eat for lunch or supper

My recommendations:

Jt Hannahs in Pigeon Forge

In Gatlinburg:

Best Italian in the Elks Plaza (ask to sit on the patio) Great lunch special M-F only

Calhouns

Loco Burro (ask for patio again)

Edited: 2:56 pm, April 12, 2013
Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to eat for lunch or supper

Hofenbraus (never spell that right) has a great Reuben and Roast Beef sandwichs. In the Village, GB.

The Old Mill "Cafe" is very good. Accross from the Old Mill Restaurant. They have a wonderful "chicken" Reuben. In PF.

Fuddruckers is a chain, but great burgers. in PF.

For dinner, Calhouns, Cherokee Inn in GB

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to eat for lunch or supper

sorry, Cherokee Grill

Southern Illinois
Level Contributor
203 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to eat for lunch or supper

Best Italian, for sure!

Gatlinburg
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg
Level Contributor
677 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to eat for lunch or supper

El Paso in Sevierville is the most authentic Mexican food in the area, great food, service and prices. The Little Italian Kitchen between Sevierville and Seymour has fantastic authentic Italian food. Little Italian Kitchen is owned by an Italian family, everything fresh made great taste and prices. It's by no means a fancy restaurant but worth the drive.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to eat for lunch or supper

Love Cherokee Grill in Gatlinburg, Calhouns in Pigeon Forge, No Way Jose' in Pigeon Forge, Old Mill in Pigeon Forge, these are a few of our favorites places to eat.

Madison, AL
Level Contributor
406 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to eat for lunch or supper

Mountain Lodge Restaurant in Gatlinburg in a good local diner, they serve the meat and three. I think they are only open for breakfast and lunch, but its a great little diner.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,775 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to eat for lunch or supper

I would say the Apple Barn, it's not a chain/bar scene and it's wonderful. After you eat be sure to walk around in the shops. IF you can't find time to eat there you can still shop and buy some apple butter to take home and grab a hot fried apple pie with ice cream on top.

United States
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to eat for lunch or supper

Just returned from long weekend in Gatlinburg,

We ate at Park Grill, which was pricey but service and food was top notch!

Do not recommend Howard's Steak House. it's pricey but food and service is poor.. needs upgrading/cleaning badly.

Old Mill in Pigeon Forge was ok. Good fried chicken.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
722 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place to eat for lunch or supper

In this price range we like Calhouns in Gatlinburg. The one in Pigeon Forge, not so much. Try the White Chili for an appetizer. Caesar salad. Ribs and burgers are very good, but we can never get past the Ale Steak with Worcestershire butter. For us, no trip to Gatlinburg is complete without a visit to Calhouns.

Another suggestion, above the price range you have indicated, but well worth the money, is The Lodge at Buckberry Creek. Up Ski Mountian Road just above town, this lodge restaurant has a small and intimate dining room, seasonal menu, indoor and outdoor dining, and a killer view of Mt. LeConte. Well worth saving up a few extra bucks for.

Get answers to your questions about Gatlinburg