We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honeymoon in Gatlinburg

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Charles...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
honeymoon in Gatlinburg

My fiance and I are planning a trip to Gatlinburg in October. We were wondering if anyone could recommend some fun stuff to do. I would love to see some waterfalls, caves, maybe go to a winery/brewery. Thanks a lot!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
392 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: honeymoon in Gatlinburg

Do you hike? If so there are plenty of waterfall hikes, some fairly easy. Laurel falls and grotto falls are some of the ones we have done and people really seem to like. If you go to the Sugarlands visitor center when you get there they have a booklet of all the waterfall hikes. Go to Smoky Mountain National park website on the left click on plan your trip, then click things to do, then click hiking. You will see waterfalls, click on that and you can see the waterfall hikes. I do not know about caves, I have seen signs for forbidden caverns but we have never been. We did go into a winery on the parkway in Gatlinburg. Not much to it. You could taste their wines and do a tour but very small and nothing very impressive to me. It was something to do when it was raining. Smoky Mountain Brewery is there, it is a bar/grill type of place. They have a microbrewery and only sell their beer. The food is pretty good and my husband likes the beer.

2. Re: honeymoon in Gatlinburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 09, 2014