We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another cabin inquiry

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
335 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Another cabin inquiry

Hi!

I have been searching for a cabin in Gatlinburg for the past week and just can't seem to find what I am looking for. I would love a cabin that is in a heavily wooded area. I don't mind if there are neighbors around but I really want the cabin to be surrounded in woods. Maybe Gatlinburg doesn't offer this because most of what I seem to be finding are sparse woods (some appear to have no woods at all). Should I be looking in a different area other than Gatlinburg? I don't want to be too far from Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge though because we have two kids we plan to do alot of activities with in those areas :)

Lastly, do many cabins have outdoor fire pits?? I think out of the hundreds of cabins I've looked at, only one had an outdoor pit. We vacation in the Blue Ridge Mountains a lot and all the cabins there have outdoor pits (something my kids really enjoy!).

Thank you for all your help!!

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,962 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another cabin inquiry

No not all cabins have fire pits and are not in heavily wooded areas. With these specifics I would call the rental co. and tell them what your looking for and they can give you specific cabins with fire pits and woods. Then you can look at it on line. I think this will save you a lot of time and research. If you want woods stay away from resorts, most are clear cut as much as possible when the resort is built. I know there is some cabins on ski mountain Rd that are tucked away in the trees but I don't know the names etc. sorry

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
4,950 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another cabin inquiry

http://www.gatlinburgluxurycabins.com/

smokeymountaincabinspecials.com/cabin.shtml

www.hearthsidecabinrentals.com/cabin.php…

I found these while researching our cabin. Loved the first one.

We have always rented with Parkside Cabin Rentals. You should check with them also.

Edited: 1:45 pm, March 28, 2013
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
335 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another cabin inquiry

Thank you so much for your reply! That is a great idea to call the rental companies directly with what I am looking for rather than spending hours looking online. Thanks again :)

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
335 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another cabin inquiry

Thank you, goldrushjunkie! Those look great! I am going to look into them now. I appreciate your time and help!

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another cabin inquiry

Try looking at Elk Run cabin from Cosby Creek Cabins...it's VERY secluded with a fire pit and an outdoor hottub.

6. Re: Another cabin inquiry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 02, 2014