We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Gatlinburg Hotels

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kentucky
Level Contributor
144 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown Gatlinburg Hotels

Any recs for hotels in the downtown Gatlinburg area? We like the Park Vista so far because of the view and the fact that it has been recently remodeled. We would like to find something downtown OR very close to downtown (as in like 2 minutes from the downtown strip). Right now we are considering hotels, although we might consider a cabin or chalet. I've noticed that many of the downtown area chalets and cabins are not very updated. ANOTHER question....there is a hotel/resort that is right next door to the Quality Inn Creekside (maybe even connected) that I'm unable to find online. It's way newer than Quality Inn--with a very nice pool and nice rooms. I remember seeing it last time we were there. Any input on this? Input on Hilton? Or other newer hotels downtown? We are not interested in hotels that are in Pigeon Forge, Sevierville, Townsend etc.. THANKS!

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
937 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Downtown Gatlinburg Hotels

I second Old Creek Lodge for all the reasons previously listed. We've stayed there twice and really liked it. They usually have different specials going on and you can find them on their website: www.oldcreeklodgegatlinburg.com

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Downtown Gatlinburg Hotels

The hampton inn has creekside rooms with balconies and you can choose that on their website when you book. We have stayed at Hampton inn and Bearskin lodge. can't go wrong with either.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
144 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Downtown Gatlinburg Hotels

Thanks! :)

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Downtown Gatlinburg Hotels

The clarion is very nice and one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in. They have private balconies with a city view or a mountain view in the back. nice indoor pool and free breakfast that included many choices.

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Downtown Gatlinburg Hotels

We really like the Clarion which has been recently remodeled. They have balconies and mostly city views, but is close to the park entrance and some very nice restaurants. They also offer a full free breakfast. The Summit Manor condos are nice, but aren't great if you are walking due to the steep roadway. There is an elevator, however, at the Quality Inn that will take you up to the condos. We found that a bit inconvenient. The Old Creek Lodge was formerly Fairfield Inn. There is another Fairfield Inn on the far north side of town.

Aurora,KY
Level Contributor
528 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Downtown Gatlinburg Hotels

We really like Riverhouse Motor Lodge on River Road. We have stayed there several times and enjoy the balconies over the creek. They sit back off the road under the trees and you almost feel like you are in a cabin because of the paneling. They have always been clean and the beds comfortable and my husband likes the donuts they serve for breakfast. I am not a big breakfast eater so toast & juice is good for me.

17. Re: Downtown Gatlinburg Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 19, 2014