We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacation next week; need directions!!

shubuta, ms
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
vacation next week; need directions!!

my dh and i r ariving in gatlinburg on 5/25 for a 4 night stay celebrating our 21st anniversary. we've been to gatlinburg several times, but always with our kids, their friends, our friends, you get the idea! we are so excited! our first trip alone since our honeymoon! anyway, to get to the point, we have rented a cabin from an individual cabin owner; the management company is "Mountain Rental of Gatlinburg" which is located at 209 Cartertown Rd. in Gatlinburg. we are familiar with the gatlinburg area, but not the "outskirts". can someone please help us with directions? the cabin owner was very vague, stating to check with mapquest for directions, but when i did, i just got more confused! i don't have a lot of faith in mapquest anyway, their directions have gotten us lost more than once! i've been reading the forum posts for months; that is my nightly habit! this is the first time i've posted though. i knew that this would be the place to go for information! your all so great to help one another. thanks for any info you can give me!

Park Forest, IL
Level Contributor
319 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: vacation next week; need directions!!

traveldreaming I'm sorry my reply took so long but the week before a holiday puts a lot of extra work on my plate. My friend has model #330 and said he really likes it. If you have any questions about it you would like me to ask him let me know.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: vacation next week; need directions!!

I guess this post turned into disscussion about GPS units. So here is my 2 cents.

Forget the TomTom, I have a Garmin I2, small, moves from car to car, or even a rental car, I paid less than $200 at Walmart.com last Christmas, but I think now it is about $235.

We have been looking for a house for my son in Gatlinburg and surrounding counties. Made several trips in the last few months. Just put the address into the Garmin and it takes you right there. Only found a few addresses that were not in its memory. We could not have done it with out this little unit. Now I don't leave home without it. For the price you cannot beat it.

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: vacation next week; need directions!!

Those sound like great little inventions. In years to come I would imagine that every car will be equipped with one.

Might be able to talk my husband into one of those now, though.

Mapquest has given us wrong directions a few times.

So, now he uses google maps. However just this past weekend we got directions to a place in Evansville which was not exactly correct.

14. Re: vacation next week; need directions!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:23 am, August 14, 2009