We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabin rental company - Reccomendation?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
Save Topic
Cabin rental company - Reccomendation?

We are planning a trip to Gatlinburg in late April and are overwhelmed by the number of places available for rent. Was hoping sk

Wine could reccomend a rental company/agent that could assist. We are planning to spending of our time in the park and prefer to stay in Gatlinburg within a 10 minute drive to the park and to the restaurants/shops in town. Looking for a 1BR with nice unobstructed mountain view and hot tub on porch overlooking mountains. Thanks for your help!!

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabin rental company - Reccomendation?

I've rented through Jackson Mountain Homes the last three times I was down there. Some of their one bedroom cabins have gorgeous views of the mountains! I've never had any problems with the cabins and the office staff is great....very helpful. I like the Arts and Crafts area as well as Black Bear Falls. Very close to downtown and the park entrance. I hope to go again late April myself and am in the process of cabin searching, too but will probably stay where I did last year. Hope you find what you are looking for and enjoy your vacation!

Haubstadt IN
Level Contributor
336 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabin rental company - Reccomendation?

In the past, we used Auntie Belham's & were happy with them. Our last few trips have been through Sunset Cottages, which are a little more budget-friendly. For our upcoming trip, we are booked through Elk Springs Resort. They offer what I would describe as luxury cabins. We decided to splurge on this trip. So far, they have been very nice & helpful.

The only rental company we have used in the area that I would not recommend was ERA in the Smokies. The cabin was not as described or pictured on their website and the staff was less than friendly.

Hope this helps! Have a great vacation!!

Lafayette, Indiana
Level Contributor
156 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabin rental company - Reccomendation?

Id recomend looking at Chalet Village they have a few a short drive from the Gatlinburg Welcome Center. Prices are good and cabins are nice.

Georgia
Level Contributor
639 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabin rental company - Reccomendation?

We're going with Chalet Village too. This is the first time though. The price is good. 3rd night is half price or 4th night is free. Reviews were good also.

Pensacola, Florida...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabin rental company - Reccomendation?

YourCabin.com

Nice website, Beautiful Cabins and always have specials.

I have rented from them about 6 times and never disappointed

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabin rental company - Reccomendation?

Thanks for all of the recommendations everyone! We decided yesterday morning to go with a cabin from Jackson Mountain homes in the bear creek falls area. It looks nice and just what we were looking for. We found out about the landslide in newfound gap road later yesterday and are really concerned about how it will affect our trip. From what I am hearing, it sounds like we should still be able to access clingmans dome and most of the activities on the TN side. Also, maybe we could have got a better deal by booking later on. I'm sure the road closure will impact rental vacancy in the area

Ohio
Level Contributor
8,285 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabin rental company - Reccomendation?

We love Jackson Mt. Homes and the Black Bear Falls area. Have a wonderful trip!

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
239 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabin rental company - Reccomendation?

hey how far did it take you to get downtown from Black Bear falls?

Smiths Grove...
Level Contributor
57 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cabin rental company - Reccomendation?

I think someone posted Timber Top's website above (yourcabin.com). They are wonderful! We stayed in Chalet D'Amour last year. It's a cheaper cabin, has some cheesy decor, but the views are AMAZING. It's up Ski Mountain and it's only about a 10 minute drive to downtown Gatlinburg. We really enjoyed our stay. Timber Tops also offers a luxury pass for all guests which will save you $$ on certain attractions! We were able to zip line, go to the aquarium, a show, and a couple other museums for half the price! They are a wonderful and well managed company, I don't think you would be disappointed. They also have a ton of cabins to choose from! :)

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cabin rental company - Reccomendation?

I read somewhere (on another post) that the road closure is to be opened back up around May 15TH but not sure how accurate that info is.