We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatlinburg Motel/Hotels

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Gatlinburg Motel/Hotels

I like to stay on Airport Road (Roaring Fork Rd.) for easy access to the park, shuttles and walking into town. Which hotels have you stayed at?

We stayed at Sydney James Motor Lodge - Courtside rooms for a family reunion in 2010 and was so disappointed we have not been back in 2 years. Has anyone stayed there recently or could suggest a mid-price hotel in that area?

I miss the Smokies but not the hotel aggravation and disappointments from our last trip.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatlinburg Motel/Hotels

I found this website that lists hotels on Airport Rd (Historic Nature Trail). You could get the names off the map and then check the reviews that are on the left under "Gatlinburg Hotels".

That used to be our favorite place to stay but we haven't stayed there for several years. I do know that Garden Plaza (formerly Holiday Inn) is boarded up and partially torn down.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatlinburg Motel/Hotels

Thank you so much! That is a great suggestion!

unionville tenn.
Level Contributor
852 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatlinburg Motel/Hotels

My daughter and family were there last week and stayed at microtel but weren't too pleased with it. She said it was clean but their room and bathroom were tiny.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatlinburg Motel/Hotels

Try the Gillette Motel on Airport Rd.

As a child My family stayed there every year for our vacation and became good friends with the family that owned it.

Basic but very clean and reasonable.

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
937 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatlinburg Motel/Hotels

If you're not totally stuck on Airport Rd, try Old Creek Lodge on River Road. It's recently remodeled. We stayed there for the first time last year and loved it. It's towards the park side of River Road, so getting to the park is really easy.....you just follow River Road out to the parkway and you're pretty much right there at the entrance to the park.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatlinburg Motel/Hotels

I just realized the map did not post. Here it is:

therealplaces.com/hotels-on-street/…20Trail

North Carolina
Level Contributor
553 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gatlinburg Motel/Hotels

We LOVE Riverhouse at the Park. It is dated but the rooms are HUGE and clean. We love it so much that we wouldn't even want them to update the rooms. It is right on the river plus with it being on the far end of River Rd, you literally are like one minute from the entrance of the park.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gatlinburg Motel/Hotels

We love the Hampton Inn even though it's on the parkway it is on the end toward the National Park it's very quiet. This hotel is always very clean and the staff is so nice.You can leave your car and walk anywhere in Gatlinburg.

Georgia
Level Contributor
639 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gatlinburg Motel/Hotels

This is on River Road, but the Bearskin Lodge is nice, and it's within walking distance to town. We stayed there a couple of years ago and were really pleased.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gatlinburg Motel/Hotels

Wow...I can't thank you all enough for all of the wonderful suggestions!!

The Trip Advisor community is incredible.

I will update after our reunion in June :) Happy Hiking!!

Edited: 7:52 pm, January 07, 2013