We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oooh Myyy Cabin

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
north east ohio
Level Contributor
258 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Oooh Myyy Cabin

I'm looking at the Oooh Myyy cabin offered my Cabin Fever Vacations. Does anyone know anything about this cabin? Have you stayed there, been by it, any information would be greatly appreciated?. Thanks. Song Sparrow

sevierville TN
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Oooh Myyy Cabin

this cabin is up by the Preserve Resort, about 15 miles from P.F. It is very isolated, and the views are about as good as any I have seen from a cabin anywhere. The cabin is nice inside, I have been in it. I also know there are bear sightings there quite often, at least the last few years there has been. Someone else on TA asked me about that cabin a while back and when I talked to them while they were there, they were happy that they had chosen that cabin. It's definitely one of the better places I know of, with the exception of how far it is from town. Probably 20-25 minutes, but you can get into the park thru Metcalf Bottoms and avoid going thru Gatlinburg if that's what you like to do.

north east ohio
Level Contributor
258 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Oooh Myyy Cabin

Grassmower, Thanks for the quick reply! Everything in your reply encourages me to stay in this cabin. The distance and isolation are something we look for and want! I talked with you quite a while back about The Raven's Eye, also offered by Cabin Fever Vacations. IT IS THE MOST ISOLATED cabin! But we are looking for something different. The difference is you need to drive up their private road to see the views that Ohh Myyy seems to offer right off the deck!! I had found a site by Cabin Fever Vacation suggesting best views. It then gave a map to these locations! Can you believe that ?!?!, seeing a map to where these cabins are before you book them!?! I did see The Preserve is nearby. How "nearby" would you consider that? Can any of The Preserve be seen from Ohhh Myy cabin? Any comments welcome. Song Sparrow

Edited: 8:22 pm, January 05, 2013
north east ohio
Level Contributor
258 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Oooh Myyy Cabin

Thought people would want to see this site by Cabin Fever Vacations. https:/…best-cabins-in-the-smokies

Hope this goes up. .......... Yes it did! Look to the right for more cabin types. The Raven's Eye is under pet friendly. It is #18. Sparrow

Edited: 8:39 pm, January 05, 2013
sevierville TN
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Oooh Myyy Cabin

Oooh Myyy cabin is actually in the Homestead. You cannot see any of the Preserve. It's probably a half mile from there straight to the west. The view overlooks the mountains to the south. On a clear day, I have seen as many as 8 or 9 mountain ridges in the national park that can be seen. It's a neat place. The only drawback is, the parking is a little tight if you've got more than 3 or 4 cars. It's just a single drive probably 150 feet to the cabin and there's not a lot of area for turning around if there's to many cars. I don't know if you have ever stayed in Starrcrest Resort, but the views from this cabin surpass that. There are no other cabins anywhere close by, and very little traffic on that road. There's a huge place up the road from there, but I haven't ever seen anyone there and the last I knew it wasn't a rental.

sevierville TN
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Oooh Myyy Cabin

By the way, there's not much chance to get out of there if it snows a lot. The county doesn't keep Chamberlain scraped very well if it snows. But that would be a great place to be stuck at!

north east ohio
Level Contributor
258 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Oooh Myyy Cabin

Thanks again! This cabin sounds like everything we are looking for!! I am so ready to book this cabin! BUT, I was checking our plans for visiting the area. We attend the Ford Supernationals in Pigeon Forge. It had been posted that the location was to be at the Grand Convention Center. I am now seeing it was foreclosed upon! Several other car shows are held there too! Any information on the Grand and the upcoming events would be greatly appreciated. I plan to post this question separately. Thanks. Sparrow

north east ohio
Level Contributor
258 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Oooh Myyy Cabin

Grassmower, Just wanted to give an extra thank you for your help with Ohhh Myyy cabin. Your comments and the wonderful pictures on the Cabin Fever Vacation site made ALL the dilfference! We decided to go ahead and book our trip! The Ford Nationals are what started our travels to the Smokies, but the mountains are what draws us back again and again! So whether there are changes for the Ford show or not, we will certainly enjoy our trip. THANK YOU SO MUCH for your time and consideration. Sparrow

sevierville TN
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Oooh Myyy Cabin

Anytime. There are a few hundred cabins that I am familiar with and that happened to be one of them. It's hard to find the right place over the internet, and I try to help anyone when I can. You won't be sorry on this choice, it would be high on my list if I was vacationing here. To me, there's like 5 or 10 really special places with gigantic views, and this is on that list. Good luck, and I think the car shows will go on. It brings too much revenue into the area for them to stop. I would guess Pigeon Forge will do whatever it will take to keep them here.

9. Re: Oooh Myyy Cabin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 10, 2014