We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chalet needed December 23 to January 2nd

Alabama
Level Contributor
48 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Chalet needed December 23 to January 2nd

Does anyone know of a reliable company that still has availability? Ideally we'd like something that sleeps four adults and four children. It would be equally ideal if we could find a place without a cleaning fee. We usually stay with Mountain Laurel Chalets but they are completely booked.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chalet needed December 23 to January 2nd

All places charge a cleaning fee, some just include it in the daily rental amount. I am all for no extra fees but all places have to pay someone to clean so it is going to be charged whether it is listed separately or not.

That is one of the busiest weeks. You can look at VRBO. They now let you put in dates and you can also add filters for amenities that are important to you, like internet or hot tub as well as the number of bedrooms. It has gotten pretty user friendly.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chalet needed December 23 to January 2nd

Try Auntie Belhams. You can go on their website and look at a cabin and see whether it has availability.

3. Re: Chalet needed December 23 to January 2nd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, December 06, 2012
Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chalet needed December 23 to January 2nd

You probably won't find much left at this time of year. Cabins book early in the year for the NYE. I do know that Sunset Cottages have several cute chalets on Roaring Fork Motor Trail in G-burg. Several yrs. ago we stayed in the one called Aspiring Waters and walked to downtown G-Burg for NYE. But I believe its already booked. They do have several others next to this one. www.sunsetcottage.com

If you can't find any there try www.firesidechalets.com They have several rentals in and around the Pigeon Forge area. You will need to call theri 1-800- # As on theri web site you won't be able to tell whats available and whats not. Hope you find something soon, Good luck!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chalet needed December 23 to January 2nd

One other suggestion would be, if you are planning on staying 12 nights, you might want to consider staying half the stay in one cabin and the other half in another cabin. The reason I say this is some cabins might be available during the Christmas holidays but not at NYE time and vise versas. Or maybe even 4 nights in 3 different cabins. Price might be alittle higher with all the fees and stuff but for 12 night stay not much left to choose from.

Lafayette, Indiana
Level Contributor
161 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chalet needed December 23 to January 2nd

If you stayed 12 night many places give free nights if you stay 3 or 4 nights that would aslo save money and I like the idea of staying in mutliple cabins.

Alabama
Level Contributor
48 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chalet needed December 23 to January 2nd

Thanks everyone! You guys rock. I have been able to find a few cabins for New Years but finding one for Christmas is the issue. We have a three month old that we are traveling with and 12 year old twins so I'd like to move as little as possible.

8. Re: Chalet needed December 23 to January 2nd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, December 17, 2013