We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cades Cove Warning

SE Indiana
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Topic
Cades Cove Warning

I don't hide the fact I'm no fan of Cades Cove. Personal feelings aside, my neighbor is vacationing in G'burg this week and they bought into the hype and went to CC.

4 hours yesterday afternoon to go around it. All he said he saw was the back bumper of Chevy S-10. I'd told him not to do it...

Traffic is thick with Fall Gawkers- you been warned.

Don't expect it to be a 1 hour drive on an 11mi. loop- it will take you 3-4 hours or maybe MORE this time of year.

Lake Placid, Florida
Level Contributor
176 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Cades Cove Warning

You think it would be slower in April? Even with Spring Break?

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Cades Cove Warning

It will be slower in April than October or June. Even spring breakers don't like to get up early during their vacation for the most part.

East Tennessee
Level Contributor
632 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Cades Cove Warning

The Fall season is the highest visitor use of Cades Cove, followed by the summer. The winter season is the low season but then again one must always remember that the low season in the GSMNP is pretty much a high season in most National Parks. The weekends are almost always somewhat busy regardless of the season. The week days vary from season to season. One consistent is to be there early, preferably sunrise for the most active wildlife in the morning time. Please note that on Wednesdays and Saturdays that the loop is open only to foot, horse and bicycle travelers until 10 am. This may be seasonal so please check.

Go early and enjoy.

Our favorite times are immediately after heavy rains and during or after snow. However at one time we lived in the county in which Cades Cove is located thus it was easy for us to be there at any given time. Go early and take a breakfast or lunch. Take Rich Mt Road or Parson's Branch Road and enjoy the GSMNP.

74. Re: Cades Cove Warning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 19, 2014