We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids at Dolly stampede

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Forest City, North...
2 posts
Save Topic
Kids at Dolly stampede

We are going in Dec to Dolly stampede. My daughter & hubby want to take their 18mth old son. I say NO! We all paid alot of money to see this show & we dont want to take a chance on him being upset!!! I told her to leave him with his other grandma. What do you all think.

kentucky
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids at Dolly stampede

I guess it depends on the child. I have seen small children there and they have not been distracting. The show is lively and kind of loud with the music and the stomping the audience joins in on. If he goes I think I would have him fed before and pack some goodies in my bag to keep little hands busy. It's a great show whatever is decided enjoy!

Hamilton, Ohio
Level Contributor
299 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids at Dolly stampede

We took our five month old son there last year and he loved it. Never cried once and all the lights and stuff kept his attention. All the people around us loved him too.. give them a chance there will be a lot of kids there. If the kid starts fussing the parent can walk them out and maybe 30 seconds of your show will be interrupted. Go and have fun!

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids at Dolly stampede

It depends on the child, but I have taken my sons and now my grandkids there and had no problems. You could always ask to sit at the top, where there are chairs so you don't have to climb out. It is not a quiet show, so I would think you would have no problems. I certainly would not buy him a meal, he is free, but if he won't eat what they serve, you could bring his own cup and something he would eat.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids at Dolly stampede

Me and the wife is going up there in Oct. We are taking my 83 year old mother and our grandson who will be 9 months old. The wife and mama want to go to Dixie Stampede. So we are all going and planning on having fun. If the kid gets to crying I will slip him out, it's part of being a parent or grandparent. If you take the child I hope you all enjoy it.

On a different note it reminds me of a trip through the Aqurium a few years ago. It was about 10 at night and there was a boy about 8 or 9 who was really getting into the place. He was in front of us most of the time and when we got to the touch tank he was having a blast. Overactive yea but back no. THe mother was getting all over him. Before she went into the gift shop she told the kid not to touch NOTHING. She then went into the gift shop and knocked down a glass display rack. I laughed so hard. Point is that sometimes it is not the kid that causes the real troble but us parents.

Have fun and enjoy

kentucky
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kids at Dolly stampede

I love this John144, sooooo true!!

6. Re: Kids at Dolly stampede

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 25, 2013