We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Outdoor Rentals Complaint

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Prairieville...
1 post
Save Topic
Great Outdoor Rentals Complaint

I was told Bearfootin Too was accessible by our rig (a F350 crewcab pulling a 24 foot car trailer). We drove 12 hours to get to the cabin and could not get the rig up to it. Also, the road to the cabin was not safe for us to ride our motorcycles. The manager refunded all our money to us except $120, which we feel we are owed as we were lied to about the accessibility to the cabin. I have filed a complaint to the BBB, but we are basically out our money. We will never stay with these people. You can see the entire complaint here:

https:/…46rr9d

Tennessee
Level Contributor
96 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Outdoor Rentals Complaint

What I have encountered while being in the mountains is some of the roads are steep, narrow and scary. However, I have also found people who have lived there all their lives do not agree. They drive on these roads all the time and can be within inches from the edge and feel safe. They are more comfortable driving on them. Same thing goes will hauling equipment or long trailers.

Good luck on getting all of your money back.

Lebanon...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Outdoor Rentals Complaint

I just returned home from a stay in a Great Outdoors rental cabin and was very dissatisfied by the lack of hospitality and cleanliness of our cabin. Sheets were stinky and had hairs on them, soap scum on the shower door wall,dust everywhere and cobwebs on the lamps. Jacuzzi ran out of hot water before the water even reached the jets.I have pictures to prove all of this. When I complained they defended themselves and insisted it was cleaned and acted like I was lying so I took photos of everything. I never got so much as an apology or offer to come out and clean the cabin.I just filed a complaint with the BB as well. I will NEVER stay here again and feel we deserve at least half our money back.

Edited: 12:55 pm, August 13, 2013
SE Indiana
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Outdoor Rentals Complaint

Sandra...Please tell me/us where this road is that's too dangerous for motorcycles...that's what we like to try to ride ! Sorry for your misfortune, but we wanna try that trail.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Outdoor Rentals Complaint

I looks as though you've taken the appropriate action. Anyone who's driven a 1 ton truck pulling a trailer probably understands the difficulty you faced with multiple switchbacks on a mountain road.

I often wonder how they get long lengths of lumber and timber up there to build those cabins.

5. Re: Great Outdoor Rentals Complaint

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 15, 2014