We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Parade

TN
Level Contributor
120 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Parade

Has anyone been? How long does it last? Is it just Santas and their wives or other things too? Thanks. It's hard to find much detailed info on it other than the date and time. I want to know if we should brave the traffic. :)

Madison, AL
Level Contributor
406 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Parade

We went to it one year and it was great! You will see Santas everywhere! I think it lasted maybe an hour??? I can't really remember, but it was fun, more than just Santas and wives, it was really enjoyable, especially for the kids! I think alot of the Santas were giving out candy, etc.

If you're not staying in Gatlinburg, I would defintely get there early, people start lining up on the strip way before the parade starts.

Have fun!

Salem, Virginia
Level Contributor
326 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Parade

I saw the Santa parade a couple of yrs ago. It was a lot of fun. Santas on sleighs,buses,cars and a rocket. I saw a real reindeer and a minature pony. The best thing was that we kept seeing santas all week everywhere we went like in the elevators, on the tram, in restaurants and at the shows. They stayed in full Santa gear as tourists lol

Salem, Virginia
Level Contributor
326 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Parade

oops accidentily hit submit twice

Edited: 11:01 am, March 09, 2012
4. Re: Santa Parade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, March 09, 2012
TN
Level Contributor
120 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Parade

Perfect! Thanks for the info! I think my son will love this! Worth the traffic hassles to see Santa on a rocket! :)

Belleville
Level Contributor
142 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santa Parade

I have never heard ot this. It sounds hysterical that they stay garbed up all week as tourists.

7. Re: Santa Parade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, June 18, 2013