We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm back!!

South Mississippi
Level Contributor
245 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
I'm back!!

We had a wonderful time!!! It was the best vacation we have ever had. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Gatlingburg and it was the best. It was so clean and had a great breakfast every morning. I will definetly stay there again. Everyday when the maids made the beds they always decorated my daughter's dolls and teddy bears on the bed. My girls loved that.

We went to the Comedy Barn, which was the best thing that we did. It was great. My kids loved it. We went to the Dixie Stampede which was nice also and my girls loved it too but I did think it was a little overpriced for the amount of entertainment that you get but it was still enjoyable. We did all the ripley's attractions. My girls liked the aquarium the best but I loved the Haunted Adventure. It was so much fun. Also we went on the Jurassic Boat Ride. It was fun but definetly over priced. But overall we had a wonderful trip and can't wait to do it all again next year!!!

cincinnati
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm back!!

Glad you had such a wonderful time. So did we. We had to drive through a snow storm to get home - much different than the beautiful weekend weather we had there! We spent most of our time in the park and then walked the parkway on Sunday night. We stayed 2 nights in Townsend, and one in Gatlinburg at the Clarion. It was great!

KY
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm back!!

I have to admit, I'm a little jealous. We havent been down yet this year. We usually go down once or twice a year. My son also really enjoys the aquarium. We havent done the Haunted adventure though. I am a little bit of a coward! I hope to get to come down sometime in May.

Southampton...
Level Contributor
655 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm back!!

Hi Melissa12177!

Sounds lie you had a great time, and you seem to have done all the stuff we want to do too! Not cheap, though, that's for sure!

How was the Haunted Adventure? What was it like? Would you recommend it to tweeners (my kids are 8 and 9)?

Were you able to find discount coupons for all/most of the attractions you went to? If so, where'd you get them from?

Thanks!!!

DaddyO

South Mississippi
Level Contributor
245 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm back!!

Hi DaddyO, well I must say I really enjoyed the Haunted Adventure. It was so much fun if you like haunted houses. I don't know if I would take my kids to it if I were you. I did not let mine go. They stayed out with my husband(my mom and I went) but of course, I could not have drug them in there even if I wanted to. But if your kids like scary stuff then let them decide.

On the discount question, at Ripley's you can buy combo tickets and you can save up to $16. It includes the Aquarium and the you can pick up to the number of attractions you want to do that are Ripley's. On mine I bought aquaruim, beleive it or not museum, haunted adv, and davey crockett's mini golf. I din;t care for the riding theater. You can buy them at any Ripley's attraction. Also, all over town you can find coupon books. Our hotel had all kinds of them.

Southampton...
Level Contributor
655 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm back!!

Thanks Melissa, that's good info. My daughter (9) might enjoy it, she likes scary stuff (she's seen me angry enough times!), but my son (8) might not like to be scared.

Thanks again for the tips! If you have any other helpful info, don't hesistate to let us know!

DaddyO