We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things not to do

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Things not to do

Now that I've read so many posts on things to do, how about things not to do? Anything not worth the money or just a waste?

Louisiana
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
41. Re: Things not to do

Oh and I forgot to say that the Cajuns started this trend and though they have French heritage, they are a unique group of people.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,370 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Things not to do

this is so funny....i never thought i'd get another inverebrate zoology class...

not only is my husband an academically trained chef who makes wonderful crawfish recipes, i 'm a biologist. i have my BS in biology and environmental science (since we're throwing out degrees). the only time i've eaten crawfish is when he made it, which isn't often. and you don't suck the stuff out of their heads. you break the body open at the joint of the thorax (mesothorax) and the tail...normally you just eat the tail meat (which includes the bulk of the reproductive and digestive organs, that should gross everyone out), but some people eat the meat inside the thorax as well. and there's no brains in there, not in the usual sense of the word.

"OK, my next question would be why? No offense, but of all the good things to eat, why eat crawdads? Do you eat them raw? I could see it if maybe you were starving and lost in the mountains. They look so disgusting! There's a reason you don't see those on many menus."

they are on a lot of menus around the country, esp on the gulf coast, including many 5 star restaurants. of course they look disgusting, so does a whole cow or pig carcass being butchered. but the T-bone of filet you buy in the store looks delish.

just don't insult people who eat different things. you can simpy say "ick, no thanks, gross to me." no one is trying to change your mind. but you came off as insulting. i was insulted, and i'm from ohio!

and cows have a 4 chambered ruminant stomach for the record. not 2 stomachs.

alabama
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Things not to do

I like fried catfish tails.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
860 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Things not to do

This post is getting ridiculous. The poor person who started this post only wanted to know what not to do on their vacation. This has become a idiotic argument about crawdads, crayfish, or mudbugs whatever you want to call the critters. I think some of us is being very disrespectful to KMcLemore. Let's ALL grow the heck up and enjoy the forum and our vacations, which is why this forum is here.

45. Re: Things not to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:12 am, March 24, 2006
46. Re: Things not to do

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:12 am, March 24, 2006
47. Re: Things not to do

Removed on: 7:11 am, March 24, 2006