We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed at Stonybrook Cabins, Aiden's Escape?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dora,
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anyone stayed at Stonybrook Cabins, Aiden's Escape?

We will be staying here in December, taking our children and grandchildren. First time to rent from them. Anyone have info on this cabin and the roads that lead to it. Got one that is scared of heights. Hard to go to the mountains with that problem. How was this cabin, any problems? Staff problems? They have be very nice so far. Anyone use the express check-in?

Des Allemands...
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed at Stonybrook Cabins, Aiden's Escape?

We just came home from Aidens Escape. We stayed there from Oct 7th through the 13th. The cabin is really nice just like the pics show!! The fire place is gas and you turn it on just by turning a switch! The only thing bad about this cabin is that it is in a vally and surounded by trees so you do not have a nice mountain veiw to sit and look at! But we drove to clingmans dome and we got all the veiw's of mountains that we needed!! The road Pinnicale Vista is a winding road with some steep spots on it! It is only 1 mile to the cabin when you turn onto this road!! At the foot of this road their is a sign that states that after Oct you should have a 4x4 or chains to drive on this road, so that is somthing to consider!! This was our first real family vacation and we had 4 couples, it was nice that every room had a bath in it, this was just one of the reason's we choose this cabin!! We went to some show's while we were there!! Shows I recommend The Comedy Barn The Hatfild And Mc Coy The Blackwoods Breakfast Show are well worth the price!! We did see the Shindig, and it was not good at all,save your money to do are see somthing else!! Oh we got there early enough to check in ate the office and it was a breeze,only took about 5 minutes!! We had no problems at all with the cabin!! We seen alot of turkey on Pinnical Vista road!!

Dora,
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stayed at Stonybrook Cabins, Aiden's Escape?

Thank you so much for your input. I picked the cabin specifically because we have a daughter that is horrified of heights and did not want a view. Taking the grandkids along and they and the men are going to play Laser Tag. Hope there is enough yard. The road going up might be a problem because of our daughter that is scared. May have to get her to put a towel over her head. Again, thank you for your response.

Des Allemands...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone stayed at Stonybrook Cabins, Aiden's Escape?

That's no probem, Hope ya'll enjoy ya'll vacation!!

Dora,
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone stayed at Stonybrook Cabins, Aiden's Escape?

How long does it take to get to the Parkway from the cabin Hope I'm not bothering you.

Des Allemands...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone stayed at Stonybrook Cabins, Aiden's Escape?

I didn't check the milage on that, but it takes 35 to 40 minutes bust because of the slow speed limites. The speed limites or only 30 mph in most places!! Your not bothering me at all. I f you have any other questions feel free to post them! I'm happy to help!!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1 post
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone stayed at Stonybrook Cabins, Aiden's Escape?

Stayed at this "cabin"....it's really a lodge...over Labor Day weekend for 4 nights. While there is no view, the area is beautiful and the access easy to Gatlinburg. It is furnished with what you'll need and is spacious. We had a family group of eight and the kitchen is perfect for everyone to participate in preparing a meal AND cleaning up !

Dora,
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone stayed at Stonybrook Cabins, Aiden's Escape?

Thanks to all who have responded. We had a wonderful time at Aiden's and Stonybrook was great to work with. It had snowed Wednesday night and it was beautiful there for most of our stay. Both branches were full and the sound was wonderful. Only 1 mishap during our visit. The kids and grandkids had brought laser guns to play. Our last night my daughter-in-law was running down the drive and fell. Spent the rest of the night in the ER. Foot wasn't broken just sprained. The children had places to hide and the men in the family had a blast. We loved the place so much that we all bought lottery tickets and planned to buy or build a cabin just like it if we were lucky enought to win. Needless to say, we are planning another visit to Aiden's in February. We didn't win the money. The road was much worse than I expected. Daughter was histerical when we arrived but the cabin fit the bill. Again I say, hard to find cabins that are not up in the mountains. Presents quite a problem. She has decided to stay in a condo in Pigeon Forge next time.

Edited: 3:03 pm, September 05, 2012
8. Re: Anyone stayed at Stonybrook Cabins, Aiden's Escape?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 07, 2013