We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best mountain view stays?

4 posts
Save Topic
best mountain view stays?

Looking for one bedroom with the best mountain views. i would like to be high up in the mounains.gatlinburg or pigeon forge.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best mountain view stays?

When we go we usually need more than one bedroom, but I can tell you what we ask for when we want a view. I always ask for an unobstructed or open view, or sweeping view of Mt. LeConte. If you to to chaletvillage.com and look at their 1 bedroom #879 Ginger's Gem, that is the view I am talking about. My dad loved that view and we always tried to get it for him. We spent many a morining on a deck watching the sun come up. I know there are many one bedrooms out there with great views. I would suggest looking at ones that give you pictures of the view, and then calling the company and asking about the view.

Good luck with your hunting!

Beaumont, Texas
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: best mountain view stays?

Okay a serious question! Back in the early 1990's, I took a different route coming back from New York City to Texas. I remember driving through some very high mountains in TN., but it was at night. I just drove the mountains in California and to be honest I am not ready to go through this so soon again. (mountain driving) where it seems like my passenger side is near the edge with no barriers or rail guards. So how safe are the roads in the Gatlinburg area.

Murfreesboro, TN
Level Contributor
217 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best mountain view stays?

I posted the following reply on another thread a couple of days ago...

My husband and I just got back from a lovely weekend in the Peaches-N-Cream chalet. The rental company is American Mountain Rentals. I think we paid around $100/night. The decor is a bit dated, but it was extremely clean, and we would absolutely stay there again. It had 1 big bedroom, a living room/fireplace, kitchen, loft with jacuzzi/sauna/sitting area, and a wonderful hot tub on the back deck. The hot tub is pretty secluded and has a GREAT view overlooking the mountains. Although there was another chalet next door, we felt like we had complete privacy. It's not far off Ski Mountain Road, which is near the park.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: best mountain view stays?

bluedove3 - you might want to post this question as a new thread. It might not get many responses otherwise. I have been going to the mountains for so long that the roads do not bother me much, so I am not a good one to answer your question, but I will try.

I would think that you would be fine on most of the park roads, with the exception of Roaring Fork Motor Trail. That is a steep, narrow, one way road with drop offs close to the edge and no guard rails.

The roads up to the cabins can be a different story. We always ask the rental company what the road is like, and if the cabin hangs over the mountains side or is planted firmly on the ground. Not on stilts. Those roads can have steep dropoffs and be narrow. But there are also those that do not, so ask the company. The main roads to and from Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge should be fine for you too.

But like I said, I am not a good one to ask -try posting your question on the Gatlinburg or Tennessee forum.

Good luck

Oviedo, FL
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best mountain view stays?

Try High Chalet it is at the top of the mountain and has 1 bedroom condos with beautiful views. They overlook Ober gatlinburg ski resort it take about 10-15 min up the mountain from redlight 10.

6. Re: best mountain view stays?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:38 am, December 18, 2006
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now