We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fourth of July in Gatlinburg

florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Fourth of July in Gatlinburg

We are planning a family vacation around the July 4th weekend. What's the weather like at that time? Any pet-friendly cabin recommendations? Any help would be great.

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fourth of July in Gatlinburg

Normally it is very hot in July, although last summer it was very pleasant when we were there at the end of the month. Due to the parade, etc. it is a very busy time, so I would definitely recommend reservations.

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fourth of July in Gatlinburg

Smiles is right. The 4th is very busy. The parade starts at 12:01 am on the 4th. If you are planning on driving into Gatlinburg from a cabin and parking expect it to be a mess. People start putting chairs out along the road in the early morning of the 3rd.

We always stay where we never have to move the car while were are there. Our last two visits (Nov. 05 and New Years) we stayed at the River Terrace. It's pet friendly and a room with balcony was $79.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fourth of July in Gatlinburg

Ditto, It will be Hot and busy. Do your self a favor and stay at a in town motel and leave your car parked.

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fourth of July in Gatlinburg

The Clarion Inn & Suites has lots of balconies that you could watch the parade from.

Gatlinburg
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg
Level Contributor
677 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fourth of July in Gatlinburg

I know of a couple good Bed and Breafasts within easy walking distance. (wink)

Last year they shot the fireworks from the old amusemnt park area right abouve light #3.

I cut through the center of the Best Western Twin Islands motel, they had a great view from their pool area!!

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fourth of July in Gatlinburg

We went on July 4th a few years back.....VERY VERY hot and VERY crowded. We had to find parking for the parade and actually got lucky and found a spot shortly before it started but parking is a mess. Jackson Mountain has pet friendly cabins. In fact we just stayed in one a few months ago. My friend just had to bring her two little dogs with her and it was a really nice cabin.