We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dicks Last Resort...has anyone eaten there yet?

Sevierville...
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dicks Last Resort...has anyone eaten there yet?

I am wondering if anyone has already eaten at the newly opened Dicks Last Resort in Gatlinburg? Our daughter wants us to eat there tonight for her 20th birthday and I am not so sure about that one. I am hoping someone can get on here today and give your honest opinion...especially the quality of the food. I have found the menu online and know already that the evening prices are not cheap. Thanks for you help.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
884 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Dicks Last Resort...has anyone eaten there yet?

I cannot for the life of me figure out why people are making such a big deal out of this place. It clearly states on their website to "beware of our servers" as well as "the shame o' the smokies". Not only that but if you are walking outside of the place you cannot help but hear the rude and obnoxious servers yelling at the customers and the silly hats on their heads. If you failed to notice that what about Dick? There is a large statue at the front door of him looking like a grumpy old drunk. It certainly is not for everyone but it is the premise of this establishment and to get on here and bash them for doing their job is almost as comical as showing up with 19 people and expecting to be seated during peak tourist season. BTW I have eaten here and took my 5yo in and never heard anything that was in poor taste albeit we were just picking ours up to go. Her hat said "My boogers taste like skittles!" We had a good laugh and left. The food was not horrible but mediocre and like most have said you are paying for the experience. It has it's place in GB as much or more so than other places there imo.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
6 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Dicks Last Resort...has anyone eaten there yet?

I find that eating at the newly opened Mellow Mushroom pizza next door (where the wax museum was) is much more enjoyable. If you sit on the balcony you can enjoy great food and great service while watching the Dicks Last resort waiters humiliate their customers!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Dicks Last Resort...has anyone eaten there yet?

Slow service at the bar, tough steak, mediocre corn, pasty mashed potatoes, ok margarita. Would have liked to be anywhere else, but was too far along to leave before I realized the poor choice that I had made. Plus I could find nowhere else that sounded good. I remember when Gatlinburg was full of independant restaurants serving reigional cuisine. Steak Chalet anyone? Remember the restaurant with all the roasted meats (prime rib, ham, turkey) in the display window? There are corn dogs in that window now. Sad to see the condition of Gatlinburg after all these years and Dick's was just the crowning touch. So goes the rest of the country, there goes Gatlinburg.

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,759 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Dicks Last Resort...has anyone eaten there yet?

It's very very sad to think that Gatlinburg was envisioned as a European Alpine village. The whole town should be gutted (excluding The Village) and started over. No more corn dogs in windows, no more timeshare sleeze-bags hollering at you their booths, no more tacky t-shirt shops, etc. It's absolutely pitiful what the low-lifes of society can do to a mountain town like Gatlinburg.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Dicks Last Resort...has anyone eaten there yet?

I've eaten at the one in Panama City Beach, FL and the food was awful. I also got tired of the insults. Some people were even leaving because the servers were going a little too far. And they ain't cheap.

Edited: 4:03 pm, October 26, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
429 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Dicks Last Resort...has anyone eaten there yet?

We've been visiting Gatlinburg since 1967. There has been an element of tackyness since then. I still love it!

I remember when most of the stores sold many crafts made by the locals, prices were high, which was as it should be for their work. However not enough people bought those things, ergo tee shirt shops became the standard fare. Shop owners had rent to pay which was very expensive.

I do remember the turkey, etc. in the window, great place to eat. Most people today want standardized fare as that's what they are used to at home.

I wouldn't call people trying to sell what the majority want & making a living low lifes!

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Dicks Last Resort...has anyone eaten there yet?

I love corndogs.

Georgia
Level Contributor
639 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Dicks Last Resort...has anyone eaten there yet?

I've never ate there and wouldn't want to, but that's just me. Someone I know ate at the one in P.C. Beach and was just about in tears when they left. I don't think they realized what they were getting into when they went in.

Georgia
Level Contributor
639 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Dicks Last Resort...has anyone eaten there yet?

I agree with some of what tmynatt says. I still love Gatlinburg and am looking forward to my next visit, but the last time I went, it seemed like there were tons of T-shirt stores, just a lot of the same thing. I don't like the timeshare folks either, but I don't have a problem with the corndogs. :)

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
30. Re: Dicks Last Resort...has anyone eaten there yet?

I was just there a week ago. The food was OK but not cheap. Servers were great and made it a fun time for my family.

Get answers to your questions about Gatlinburg