We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wears valley? Volunteer Cabin Rentals

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
GA MTNS
3 posts
Save Topic
wears valley? Volunteer Cabin Rentals

How far is this from Gatlinburg? We are looking at Volunteer Cabin Rentals for a trip Feb 23-26. Any reviews on them? There are two cabins we are considering one is located on the top of Hatcher Mtn and the other is in The Homestead. Is either of these locations better? More private?

We are looking for a 3-4 bedroom cabin in the Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge area. We want a hot tub, jacuzzi inside, pool table and really want an air hockey table also. Suggestions are welcome. If you prefer you may email me

punkymonkeymom@alltel.net

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wears valley? Volunteer Cabin Rentals

We stayed in a 4 bedroom cabin last October called Overlook Lodge...beautiful cabin with a wonderful mountain view. About 15 mins. from Gatlinburg out 321..Pinnacle Vista Rd.

That is the only cabin that I can vouch for personally since we normally have stayed in hotels in Gatlinburg.

But, it was even better than the pictures.

Less than a year old according to the rental agency. It was through Jackson Mountain Homes.

My husband was even impressed.

Each bedroom has its own full private bath. Two of them had jacuzzi tubs. Hottub outside under a gazebo. Pool table, air hockey etc...

Sorry, but I don't know anything about the cabins that you mentioned.

GA MTNS
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wears valley? Volunteer Cabin Rentals

It looks beautiful. We have found a couple we are interested in at Jackson Mtn homes but I can't find anything about a 3rd night free special. Most other rental agencies are offering them at this time of year. I hate to pay for 3 nights with them when I can get the 3rd free somewhere else. Expecially at $200-$300 a night. I guess I just need to call and see if they will match the other companies specials.

Is that cabin located closer in than wears valley? I don't even know where exactly wears valley is. I have only been to the area on childhood vacations with my parents previously.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: wears valley? Volunteer Cabin Rentals

Hi - Wears Valley Road is Rt. 321 that comes out of Pigeon Forge at traffic light #3 and heads to Townsend Tn. It is a beautiful drive through Wear Valley. There are many new cabin companies springing up throughout the area. Here is a very simple map that shows the area:

www.pigeonforgeonline.com/directions.html

About half way in the valley, is an entrance to the national park via Metcalf Bottoms picnic area. I guess it's between 15 and 20 miles from P. Forge to Townsend.

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wears valley? Volunteer Cabin Rentals

I am not sure how far Wears Valley is but they would be closer to PF than to Gatlinburg.

If you want to be closer to Gatlinburg then the one on I told you about would be closer.

A lot of people take 321 into PF to avoid going through Sevierville, where traffic can sometimes be pretty backed up.

On the map that Smokiesgrl gave you, you can see it going into PF and ending at the Parkway.

You would turn right onto the Parkway and go into Gatlinburg. The lights are also numbered once you get there. Coincidently traffic light #3 in Gatlinburg is where you would turn left onto 321 again. (you can see it in the red on the map) I would say Pinnacle Vista Rd. is about 8 miles out that road, then turn left.

It is about a mile straight up on a curvy road with a beautiful view once you get up there.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: wears valley? Volunteer Cabin Rentals

powcat: Wow that cabin is gorgeous! And you're right it is definitely closer to Gatlinburg than Wears Valley.

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wears valley? Volunteer Cabin Rentals

We could not have been happier. It was better than the pictures, as I am sure lots of cabins might be. But, since this was our first try at staying at a cabin with all our family then I wanted it to be perfect..

If we go again we will need a 5 bedroom so am on a quest to find one that is just as nice as Overlook Lodge was.