We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad experience with Colonial Properties

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tiplersville
2 posts
Save Topic
Bad experience with Colonial Properties

We rented "Country Blessings" from Dec. 26-Jan.2 of 2011. This cabin is not being maintained. The hot tub was broken. The cabin was dirty. The shower curtain liners were torn and mildewed. The garbage was not picked up before or during our stay. The dirty linens from the prior occupants remained out on the deck for the entire week of our stay. The cookware was very thin, bent, and scratched up so that everything you cooked stuck to the pan. The hot water heater was not working properly. I will never stay here again.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bad experience with Colonial Properties

Im sorry you had a bad experience with them.It sounds like housekeeping may have skipped this cabin,The weather was bad the date you checked in and they may not have been able to get to it due to all the ice and snow.I would call and talk to the manager and let them know about your experience.I hope you will come back to the area again but go thru another rental company or stay at a hotel in the area.I hope the rest of your trip was good.

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,901 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bad experience with Colonial Properties

Be sure you let the manager know what happened if you haven't already. They can't do anything about it if they don't know about it.

Pigeon Forge
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Bad experience with Colonial Properties

DonnyCindy, thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. It's very important to all of us at Colonial Properties Cabin & Resort Rentals that our guests are satisfied. We work very hard to ensure that all of our vacation rentals are well maintained and clean for each and every guest. While ultimately the weather played a huge factor during your stay, I will make no excuses for the issues that you experienced. We did issue you a refund of $494.47 to compensate for those items, which you are aware. If you choose to leave negative feedback, I understand, but we would love to have you return as our guest again in the future and wish you the very best.

Sincerely,

Ben Hughes (Owner)

Colonial Properties

Cabin & Resort Rentals

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bad experience with Colonial Properties

CP1PigeonForge I just want to say Thank You for stepping up to the plate and doing the right thing.I know the weather played a huge role because I was there at Christmas and saw it first hand.As I said in post #1 im sure housekeeping couldnt get to the cabin becasuse of the weather conditions.It was a mess up there and alot of cabin companies didnt handle it very well and Im glad you refunded there monies and invited them back and it really means alot to me and others and shows that you and your company do care about your renters.

Kudos to you and your company!!!

Edited: 2:04 pm, January 11, 2011
Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bad experience with Colonial Properties

I agree. It sounds like Colonial Properties did as much as they could considering the weather conditions. Since they couldn't fix the cabin in time, they allowed you to stay for 6 nights WHILE issuing a signifcant refund. That's more than most folks get with snow/ice-related issues in mountain cabins.

Good job making a bad situation more palatable, Mr. Hughes.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bad experience with Colonial Properties

I agree, I was there during Christmas also and it was very bad out. I'm so glad to see this company Colonial Properties stepping up and taking care of their customers. I'm sure housekeeping couldn't get to your cabin.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bad experience with Colonial Properties

Even though this company has compensated this customer, I do not think the weather could be in anyway to blame for scratched up, worn out pots or a torn/mildewed shower curtain, broken hot tub, water heater problems.

If the previous renter's linens were on the deck, apparently the cleaning crew had been there. Actually, we are never allowed in a cabin before it has been cleaned, so why were the keys given in the first place? Makes you wonder.....

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bad experience with Colonial Properties

Hands out to this property owner! At least they made it right, so sorry for the accomidations and the headache but most places say opps I will tell someone, and nothing ever happens. I would stay with them with management like this!

Virginia
Level Contributor
621 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bad experience with Colonial Properties

I'm sorry you had a bad stay with this company. From the response they left though it seems like they are doing more than some of the other companies who've also had recent bad reviews.

And this is just based on what I've read on here from the past couple of weeks.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
228 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bad experience with Colonial Properties

I wonder donnycindy, why you failed to mention the refund in your post. I noticed you are a new poster and that always leaves us old timers wondering what your real agenda is. I think you were treated fairly and then some and wonder just how bad the cabin really was. just wondering!