We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ober Gatlinburg

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Topic
Ober Gatlinburg

Does anyone know if there is tubing at Ober Gatlinburg? I can not find it listed, but some of the pictures look like there might be.

Thank You

Smokiesgrl

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ober Gatlinburg

at the resort itself, no. in the rivers around the area, yes.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ober Gatlinburg

Thanks volrichard. Here we have snow tubing at the local ski resort. I was hoping they had it at Ober. I love the river tubing in the Smokies!

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ober Gatlinburg

read thread couple of questions

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ober Gatlinburg

Thank you!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,094 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ober Gatlinburg

The only snow tubing that is done in the area to my knowledge is over in Maggie Valley, NC. TUBE WORLD is open Thursdays-Sundays for the winter season.

While it sounds good, I personally think this place is a rip-off. You only get 1 hour and 45 minutes per session (if you get there right when they start a session), the sessions cost $20 per person, and there are so many kids there during busy times, you might get to have 8 or 10 runs down the slope in the limited time you get. The "tow" they have taking you back up the hill, in my opinion, is very slow and with lots of people there, you spend most of your time "waiting for your turn" so-to-speak.

We "stopped by" during our time back in December, but decided it wasn't worth that kind of money for that limited amount of time.

To each his own!!