We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sweetiepie Here is my review of the Sunspree

Kalispell, Montana
Level Contributor
298 posts
Save Topic
sweetiepie Here is my review of the Sunspree

sweetiepie

you ask me for my opinion of the Sunspree. Well we stayed in room 627. It was really nice. I don't know if it changed management or what. But the room was very clean it smelled real good and the housekeeping service was excellent. I don't know what the other rooms look like but as for the one we stayed in it was great!!! We had no problems with noise and I really enjoyed my stay there. I was so scared after I had heard all the bad reviews .....but trust me I was a very pleasant experience. The stream or creek was on the other side of our room the side that faces the pool. But every morning I took my cup of coffee and went and looked at it. It was wonderful. Now granted it's no Ritz Carlton.....but as far as a CLEAN AND AFFORDABLE HOTEL GOES I was not at all disappointed.

Gatlinburglover

Vickie

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sweetiepie Here is my review of the Sunspree

I am glad it was fine.Like I said Our room was fine in the tower.I would consider staying there again if it was not so far up the hill.So you had a room that was in the building by the pool right?

Kalispell, Montana
Level Contributor
298 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sweetiepie Here is my review of the Sunspree

yes it was .....but on the opposite side from the pool.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
498 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sweetiepie Here is my review of the Sunspree

Vickie!!!!!!!!!

So you had a great stay! Yippee! How was the rest of your anniversary? Where did you eat? Tell us!

And how is the house selling?

I've been thinking about you and how the vacation was going!

Heidi

Mississippi
Level Contributor
268 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sweetiepie Here is my review of the Sunspree

Glad to hear you had a good experience! Like I had said, when we stayed there it was summer of 2002 (I think) and our room faced the main street (Airport Road maybe?).

At that time I remember thinking that it had to have been top notch when it was built and just needed some updating.

Anyway, glad you had a good and safe trip!

Kalispell, Montana
Level Contributor
298 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: sweetiepie Here is my review of the Sunspree

Well.....I had no Idea ....but our contract on the house we want is still in good standing. The man who owns it is waiting on us to sell our house. Now that the holidays are over with our agent said it should start to get really busy now. I say that because even through the holidays we had some lookers. The anniversary was excellent. We ate at Maxwell's. It was very good. We went to Greenbrier Lodge to eat. And as I said in my post about the haunted places of Gatlinburg.....the only scary thing we found about Greenbrier was the Mens restroom. My husband said it reminded him of a filthy gas station restroom.Greenbrier is suppose to be somewhat of a fine dinning place....as opposed to the grills and so on they have. Anyway I have alot of answers just give me the questions and I will be happy to answer.I guess I have car lag and I can't seem to get my thoughts straight.I think it is because I am so tired.

gatlinburglover

Vickie

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
498 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sweetiepie Here is my review of the Sunspree

I bet they are right. If you had people looking during the holidays then it will definitely get busier now.

By the way, I'm the lady that lived in a tent when she first moved here. My husband's job here turned out to not be so good. He's an auto mechanic and his boss really worked him over for the holiday season. In fact, he hasn't paid him in two weeks! We haven't been able to pay the rent! Yikes!

However, bear in mind that his boss is NOT a Southerner and we should have known better! Well, at least I should have!

I'm glad you had a great trip! Maybe once you have a rest you will post more. Thanks for what you posted while still under car lag!

Holiday Blessings!

Kalispell, Montana
Level Contributor
298 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: sweetiepie Here is my review of the Sunspree

Heidi,

Well the Mr. Scrooge your husband works for ought to be ashamed of himself ! ! I hope all goes well for you and your family ! I have a friend who works for an airline company and just found out that they will be closing soon. She has wrestled with the Idea of moving to Gatlinburg ( where she has always wanted to be) She has been offered a job and an appartment there. And as I told her...When God closes one door he opens another. We all have to believe that.I have nothing but sincer Wishes of Health, Wealth and Holiday Blessings for you and your family. I will be praying for you and yours.

Your Friend

gatlinburglover

Vickie

Cottage Hills...
Level Contributor
547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sweetiepie Here is my review of the Sunspree

Small world, I know where Prairieville is, I live in Metairie, near New Orleans.

Interestingly enough, we are going to visit SE TN, the first week in March 06.

Maryville is a nice community, and we will visit there in addition to other small towns.

We are looking to relocate there before next fall.

Will have to try Maxwells.

Good luck to you and yours.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sweetiepie Here is my review of the Sunspree

Bump up for Melinda