We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabin for 1 night stay

london
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cabin for 1 night stay

Hello, We're passing through the SMNP in late September on a trip from DC to New Orleans and are looking for a cabin for 4 people to stay in near Gatlinburg for 1 night only. However all the websites I've seen have 2 night minimum stays and seem reluctant to budge on this policy (I have called a few).

Does anyone know of a company that offers 1 night stays? We ideally are looking for something with a nice view but right now are open to all suggestions!

Thanks

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabin for 1 night stay

We always have the same problem when we head to the beach and want a one night stopover in Gatlinburg. Some of the companies will rent one night, but only if you come in to the office- no reservations. Be prepared for extra cleaning fees. I have not found any on "by owner" sites that will rent one night either, unfortunately. If you are open to staying in a condo, I know that Deer Ridge Resort will rent one night, and the condos have beautiful views, although they are not right in town.

Edited: 8:09 am, August 19, 2010
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabin for 1 night stay

We always have the same problem when we head to the beach and want a one night stopover in Gatlinburg. Some of the companies will rent one night, but only if you come in to the office- no reservations. Be prepared for extra cleaning fees. I have not found any on "by owner" sites that will rent one night either, unfortunately.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabin for 1 night stay

Deer Ridge will rent for one night i believe. www.deerridge.com and also thru expedia.com

It is about 20 minutes from downtown, usually no traffic at all and a nice scenic drive.

I own a condo in Deer Ridge, and rent by owner. But I like a lot of by owner rentals can't afford to rent for 1 night. I actually lose money on the first night after I pay cleaning and linen fees. So i would have to charge for 2 nights for a 1 night stay, which most people understandably don't want to pay.

Resorts and motels have much lower cleaning costs than us lonely by-owner renter. lol

good luck on your search

Virginia
Level Contributor
621 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabin for 1 night stay

Maybe if you wait a little closer to the time you'll be visiting some of the owners on vrbo will do a one night rental. Have you tried Sunset Cottages? We've never rented for less than two nights but they are always a good company to work with so maybe check with them.

Edited: 10:48 am, August 19, 2010
5. Re: Cabin for 1 night stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:12 am, February 16, 2011