We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews/Ratings for Rental Agencies

Chicago West Burbs
Level Contributor
79 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Reviews/Ratings for Rental Agencies

Is there a Trip Advisor section that people can give their experiences/opinions about the agencies that they have rented their cabins/condos/chalets from I see that the hotels/motels/restaurants are listed but I think it would help to know which agents really know the properties they handle. We've rented with 4 different ones over the past 15 yrs and found a big difference in "customer service". Just something that might help.

Oneonta, Alabama
Level Contributor
942 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviews/Ratings for Rental Agencies

As an owner who is trying to decide on a cabin company, that would be helpful to me as well. The only problem I see is that you usually don't hear much from satisfied customers. They don't usually take time to post if things went well. Maybe if there was a section for management companies, that would encourage positive experiences, as well as, warn others if service was less than you expected. We owners often don't hear if there is a problem, but then we lose that customer's business. It might help to e-mail TripAdvisor.

Level Contributor
236 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviews/Ratings for Rental Agencies

There is a place that can be used for that.

Click on Gatlinburg hotels, then click on the "Other Lodging" tab. There are a few reviews of cabin rental companies there. There is also a tab for B&Bs and Inns.

Since cabins are such a big business, this would work better if they changed the names, say maybe "Gatlinburg Lodging" instead of hotels and then "cabin rentals", so it would be recongizable.