We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather first weekend in November

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alabama
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather first weekend in November

My family and I are coming up Nov 5th. How's the weather that time of year? I will be traveling with 8 others, including 3 children. Not sure what to pack.

Thanks.

Gatlinburg
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg
Level Contributor
673 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather first weekend in November

You can expect daytime temps in the mid 60's to low 70's and cold nights. Here is the info for 5 November from weather.com:

avg high 64°F avg low 35°F mean 50°F record high 81°F (1935) record low 16°F (1991)

The best time about visiting in early Novmeber is that the October crowds have thinned down and there is usually still good color around!!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
480 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather first weekend in November

Jennifer, I was in Gatlinburg that same weekend last year and two years before that. I can tell you that we had cool weather at night but beautiful days with temps in the mid 60s most of the time. Fall color was late enough that we still had some beautiful autumn pictures too. That's a great time to come, Like Laurel Springs said. Fewer crowds and lines, lower rates than prime October (usually), plus you get the last hurrah of the fall color. Have a good trip.

Alabama
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather first weekend in November

Thanks for your help!

nashville tn
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather first weekend in November

The days are usually nice however I would bring a light jacket just in case. The nights can be really chilly. Whenever I come in November or later I always pack a light jacket for daytime and a little heavier jacket for the nights. I also bring a couple of sweatpants and sweatshirts just to lounge around in. Forget the shorts and t-shirts. Don't think you will be needing those. I have also brought a pair of gloves just in case. November is a good time to come to the Smokies. Less crowded and cheaper prices.