We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stupid Question

Oneonta, Alabama
Level Contributor
942 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Stupid Question

I hate to show my stupidity, but is there a way to see the newest post without wading through every post? This is especially time consuming when there is more than one page on a topic. Other forums I read let you choose the most recent post and open it instead of having to open the whole topic. I looked on the site for help, but didn't see an answer.

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stupid Question

I always just click on the box at the bottom where it says notify me when a reply is posted....is that what you were asking??

That way it will notify you whenever someone replies to your post or even a post that you have replied to yourself and want to see further responses....you can click on it and it will take you to the newest post on the topic you are wanting to see.

Oneonta, Alabama
Level Contributor
942 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stupid Question

I actually would like to be able to do that for every post. In other words, I would like to only read the latest post each time. I usually check in a few times each day and can look at the times of posts to see if I have already read any new posts, but I still have to click to open the topic and then scroll to the latest post. Is that the only way when it's not a topic I've responded to?

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stupid Question

i havent found anyway to go straight to the newest post. i think you have to scroll through everything or go page by page.

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stupid Question

If there are 3 or 4 pages on one topic and I know that I have read most of the posts earlier then I just click on the 4th page to go right to the most recent posts on that topic.

Sorry that I cannot be of more help. I know that doesn't really answer your question.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stupid Question

When you click on "forum" it showes the most current topic first. Click on that topic, and the most current post is listed first.

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stupid Question

jmh,

i know topics are listed in current order, but on mine each post inside a topic is listed from first post to most recent, so that the most recent response is on the last page.

did you have to change your settings or anything for it to show the most recent response first? does anyone elses show up this way????

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stupid Question

Mine has always showed the most recent post first. I could not find any settings you can change.

Are you using Microsoft Internet Explorer?

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stupid Question

Sparkle & Dodgeball, you may want to ask tripadvisor, here is their link for support http://www.tripadvisor.com/help