We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatlinburg Parkway Hotels/Motels

Bloomington, IN
3 posts
Save Topic
Gatlinburg Parkway Hotels/Motels

My family has visited Gatlinburg many times, but this will be our first trip at Thanksgiving. I am looking for suggestions for a hotel on the parkway (4 teens that like to roam around town on their own). We like a view of the parkway (for people watching) and mountain views, and I assume a view of Christmas lights (are they really nice displays?). We have stayed at several parkway hotels on previous visits; just want to make sure we are not missing any good ones. Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Chelsea, Alabama
Level Contributor
586 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatlinburg Parkway Hotels/Motels

You'll love Gatlinburg at Thanksgiving!!!! Yes, the Christmas lights are up and are beautiful!! Be sure to check out the display behind Pancake Pantry at The Village. We've made our family Christmas photo there the last 2 years. You will be facing large crowds:(

As far as accomodations, I recommend The Edgewater. It's right off the strip, yet close enough to let the kids check out the action.

I hope your family has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatlinburg Parkway Hotels/Motels

I have wanted to go to Gatlinburg for Thanksgiving for a long, long time. We just and not able to coordinate it. If it is available, I would stay at the Clarion. It is on the parkway at the far end of town. It has suites with hot tubs, small refrigerator, microwave, gas fireplace and a seperate living room area with a pull out couch. They also have regular rooms. The rooms on the front of the hotel look out over the parkway. We love it there.

smokiesgrl

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatlinburg Parkway Hotels/Motels

I agree that the Clarion is a great place to people watch, walk to nice restaurants and about anyplace on the Parkway, and is also near the park entrance. The balconies on the front have great views not only of the Parkway, but the mountains as well. We have stayed there since it opened and have always had great experiences. The free breakfast is abundant and tasty. I have seen some negative reviews here about the size of the rooms at the Clarion, but it just depends on the type of room you request. We have always had spacious rooms there which accommodate my husband's wheelchair, and have had nothing but friendly, fast, courteous service.