We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newer Cabins and Pet Friendly Cabins In Gatlinburg/Pigeon...

Thompsons Station...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Newer Cabins and Pet Friendly Cabins In Gatlinburg/Pigeon...

We just got back from a trip to the Gatlinburg area. We want to go back in a few months but want to stay in a cabin. I have looked at some on line but there are so many it gets confusing. Also, what you see online isn't always what you actually get. I would like to know if anyone knows of some cabins in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area that may be newer. We want a newer cabin, that is clean and doesn't smell musty. I have asthma and can not tolerate that old musty smell of some cabins. I would also like to know if anyone knows of nice, clean, pet friendly cabins in that area. There is a good chance that we will bring our dog with us once again.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

1. Re: Newer Cabins and Pet Friendly Cabins In Gatlinburg/Pigeon...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, August 26, 2005
Middletown Ohio
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Newer Cabins and Pet Friendly Cabins In Gatlinburg/Pigeon...

The Gatlinburg Falls Resort has some pet-friendly cabins and are pretty new. We have reservations for September and will be taking our pugs. We haven't stayed there yet but there have been some good reviews on Tripadvisor. Will post after our trip and give you more info then. You can check the Gatlinburg website and look them up that way.

Gatlinburg, TN
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Newer Cabins and Pet Friendly Cabins In Gatlinburg/Pigeon...

More and more cabins are opening up to bring your well-mannered dog. Some rental companies don't like pets because it costs them more to clean and more time. I know some that have allowed pets for years and never had the first problem.

Yes, you are correct on being careful on line. Sometimes the pictures don't even belong to the cabin (especially the 'see the view' ones) and some owners just will not maintain their property or replace worn or broken items.

First, decide where you want to be: in Gatlinburg, on top of a mountain, out in the woods secluded. I can also say that just because the cabin is newer doesn't mean it's cleaner; I've seen some pretty nastly 1 yr old properties and some great 10 - 15 cabins. Just some points to consider: in G'burg you're on public water and in most areas public sewer verses a well and septic; cable is offered in many area, but not all..then you go to dish, which can be tricky in the Mts. In town they will clear the roads in bad weather, not everywhere and some cabins are very high up and require chains in the snow to get there. Cabins in town have a fire marshall inspection every year and rural areas do not. The lodging tax is the same regardless.

Just some "in case someone should ask" stuff.

Mike T

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
128 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newer Cabins and Pet Friendly Cabins In Gatlinburg/Pigeon...

I highly recommend Gatlinburg Falls. I was stayed there last week and took my dog. We stayed in Fixin' To. The area is new - most cabins are less than one year old.