We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reception Thoughts?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Haleyville, Alabama
12 posts
Save Topic
Reception Thoughts?

Hi all!

We're still plugging away on our wedding plans, and now I have the chore of finding a place to hold a reception after the wedding.

I've looked over the usual suspects that I've seen on the boards or off other sites (The Peddler, The Park Grill, Bennets, Howards, and Open Hearth), but we were wondering if there is some place less well known that offers a room and/or reception services.

We'll be getting married at 2pm, so we're looking for a late lunch/early dinner for our guests (approx 30 people), and some place that isn't fast food.

Does anyone know of a place like this, or have any other suggestions for local flavor and not necessarily the most trod path?

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reception Thoughts?

There is a very nice area behind Calhoun's restaurant and the shops there that used to do receptions etc. It is very quiet, has lots of parking and the building was very nice that last time we were back there. We were a little surprised when we saw it due to the seclusion of the area. Also the Clarion at 1100 Parkway and next door to Calhouns has a large room as well as a couple of smaller ones on the 7th. floor. Have never used either one, so can't help you with details, but you might want to check them out.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Reception Thoughts?

Hi - I second the place behind Calhouns. It is full of large, long glass windows in a very pretty setting. We have been past when a reception is taking place and it was set up very nice. Wish I knew the name of it, but I do not.

Good luck

mountaingrl

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reception Thoughts?

There is a reception type hall above the office of the Quality Inn Creekside on the parkway.We saw a reception being held there a couple of the nights we stayed in the hotel in Aug.I would call for prices.

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reception Thoughts?

The Mountain Man is right...the place behind Calhouns is owned by Calhouns...they have a separate menu from Calhouns for banquets. It was one of the places that we tried to check out for our daughters wedding in April but we could never get in touch with the man that we needed to speak with. We were there on a weekend and he was not available. It is in a pretty setting with glass windows all around.

We did end up having her reception at the Clarion Hotel in their ballroom upstairs on the 7th floor..we rented the whole area since we were having 100 people...they do not allow outside caterers to come in...Stokely does the catering for them...it was very good...

There are several different types of menus...

You can ask to speak with Donna, who I think is now in charge of renting out the rooms up there (she use to be in charge of the catering part)...Michelle is the one who would handle the catering part now....they are both very sweet to deal with...

WV
Level Contributor
236 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reception Thoughts?

Sweetiepie, how was the quality inn creekside? my sister is staying there in Oct.

Haleyville, Alabama
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Reception Thoughts?

Thanks folks, I'll check into the places you've given me so far and see what sounds good. Thanks again for all your help!