We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An Update and Plans

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
An Update and Plans

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who suggested cabins and companies to me this past week. We found several cabins at Timber Tops and Cabins for you that we loved, but none were available. Luckily the cabin we stayed in for our honeymoon has been bought out by a different company and we were able to track that down. So i am really excited about staying there.

We will be going to Gatlinburg the second week of October and I am really excited about this because we have never gone during the fall... we always seem to go in winter and summer. Winter is my favorite time to be in Gatlinburg, esp after the holiday season, but i love autumn so i am really looking forward to it.

Anything special going on at that time of year?

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: An Update and Plans

The Craftsman's Fair will be at the Convention Center beginning the 6th. of Oct. and continues through the month.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: An Update and Plans

If you go to the Craftmans Fair, stop by my son's booth, Naturalistick, Custom Handmade Rustic Furniture.

We will be in town then too.

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: An Update and Plans

thanks... i def want to check the fair out. we are most often in that area during winter, right after the holidays, and it seems alot of the arts and crafts community is closed during that time. And we will def. stop by his booth! See ya there!

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: An Update and Plans

sparklejoy...we will be there the 8th-11th...

Maybe we will run into you at the Craftsmans Fair.

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: An Update and Plans

We will be arriving on the 9th, so maybe so! :)

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: An Update and Plans

Where did you finially decide to stay? Might have missed that post but don't remember you saying ...

I will be the one at the Craftmans fair with the 3 daughters and one future daughter in law following me around....

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: An Update and Plans

Lol.... i will be the one with the husband who def, looks the army man part! shaved head, stance and all! LOL!

We actually tracked down the cabin we stayed in for our honeymoon ( ironically it was formerly owned by aunt bugs, but the owners of the cabin switched to a new rental company) So we are excited about that, and glad to know our favorite cabin is still available!

This is our first fall trip so i am excited about that! See ya around!

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: An Update and Plans

Sparkle, I just realized when you are going, my son is only exhibiting the last week, 18-23, we will be there 20-23.

Have fun !

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: An Update and Plans

Thanks JMH.... we may still be around at that time. We are going to be in gburg for 10 days and then in the surrounding area, and then back in gburg for a while!

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: An Update and Plans

I did read that you were staying in the one you had for your honeymoon but was wondering what company you decided to book through this time.

We went with Jackson Mountain Homes.