We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible to find a cabin within walking distance to town?

Indiana
7 posts
Save Topic
Possible to find a cabin within walking distance to town?

Are there any companies that have cabins within walking distance to town or a trolley stop. I would still like to be semi-secluded with a nice view....if thats possible being close to town.

summerville, ga
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible to find a cabin within walking distance to town?

if you find out please let me know!

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible to find a cabin within walking distance to town?

I have not come across any, although i have heard mention of several that are on the creek. ( I know no help at all, right?) But there is a possiblity that they exist. LOL!!

The cabin that we have rented in the past has been about 5 minutes from town, and we usually pay to park in one of the all day garages.

To me it is worth that extra money to stay in a cabin. They are the best!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
128 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Possible to find a cabin within walking distance to town?

Alpine Chalet Rentals has 2 cabins that are on the road that runs next to the Aquarium and Howard Johnson's. The cabins are #64 and #65. I stayed in #65 about 6 years ago. They are 2 bedrooms cabins and from what I remember, are a short walk to the parkway.

www.alpinechaletrentals.com

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Possible to find a cabin within walking distance to town?

If you do find one that says it is within walking distance be sure and find out EXACTLY where it is.

We rented to condo a few years ago from a private owner website and it stated it was an easy walk to the Parkway. Well, not exactly...it wasn't too bad going downhill but trying to come back up even was an effort for my husband who was in pretty good shape at that time...it was not what I would have considered an easy walk, close to downtown. The second day we drove and paid to park the car.

They do run shuttles on some of the streets so you might be lucky and have a shuttle stop by where your cabin/chalet is and even though it would not be within walking distance, you would have the benefit of the shuttle.

I know that I have seen some advertised and will try to remember what website that was on. We are going in October but staying outside Gatlinburg through Jackson Mountain Homes. So, I looked at tons of websites. Just have to remind myself which ones.

Maybe someone else will have some suggestions before I figure it out.