We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decorations

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Topic
Decorations

Although I was a bit upset about having to postpone our trip till Nov.5, I am happy that we will get to see the Christmas lights. Will the fall decorations still be out too, or will everything be down for the start of the Christmas season?

Also, where do the fire works get set off from?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
43,575 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decorations

What fireworks are you referring to?

I imagine you'll still see some fall decorations here and there for a few days, but when Winterfest starts, it's usually full tilt.

tazewell tn
Level Contributor
114 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decorations

I am pretty sure that Winterfest starts the day you are going. We live a little over an hour away and usually go to eat on my husbands birthday 11/13 and there isn't any fall decorations left.

Monticello, Indiana
Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Decorations

Kat -

Originally on the Gatlinburg Chamber Web Page it had on it's schedule of events the Winter Magic Kick-off included the lighting of the lights... and fireworks.

Now they have updated the page with the complete days schedule including entertainment, etc. but does not mention fireworks.

Jennings, Louisiana
Level Contributor
112 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decorations

We always go at Thanksgiving and to me it's the best of both worlds. You still have the fall decorations up for Thanksgiving and also the Christmas lights & decorations. Have a great time!

5. Re: Decorations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:22 am, October 12, 2009