We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Everyones opinion on most romantic thing to do in Gatlinburg

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Murfreesboro, TN
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Everyones opinion on most romantic thing to do in Gatlinburg

Everyone give me thier opinion on what they think the most romantic thing to do in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. My honeymoon is this weekend and I want it to be special. I've already been before, but I would like some suggestions. Thank you. Eli

Mississippi
Level Contributor
268 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Everyones opinion on most romantic thing to do in Gatlinburg

Well, this may not be the most romantic thing to do, but make sure you ride the Gatlinburg Sky Lift:

http://www.gatlinburgskylift.com/

and purchase your picture at the top. Make it a tradition and keep a special place in your home for the pictures. My wife and I have done so since we were married in 2001.

Walk the streets of Gatlinburg at night.

Play Hillbilly Golf in Gatlinburg together during the day (it's in the shade) and you'll never forget it.

Those are things that make good memories anyway...I guess most anything can be romantic to some people. :)

Under your bed
Level Contributor
334 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Everyones opinion on most romantic thing to do in Gatlinburg

'Well, this may not be the most romantic thing to do, but make sure you ride the Gatlinburg Sky Lift'

I agree with this one; it's so cute watching the couples go up together sitting and holding hands :)

Walking the Parkway at night together, enjoying a nice dinner at the Park Grill or the Peddler (or some other equally-nice restaurant), seeing a nice show... those are a few good suggestions, in my book.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,370 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Everyones opinion on most romantic thing to do in Gatlinburg

If you can drag yourself out of bed that early, go watch the sun rise at Clingman's Dome. If it's a clear day (watch the weather channel the night before) the view is beautiful. And there's usually not very many people up there.

nashville tn
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Everyones opinion on most romantic thing to do in Gatlinburg

Find a restaraunt with outdoor seating over the river. Bring along some candles and have a candelight dinner. Take a walk along the river after dusk. Get a hotel with a jacuzzi and put rose petals in the water. Have some nice wine and soft music. Buy each other some little gift. Get a special card for each other. Need I go on? Enjoy it whatever you decide to do. This is your day.

Murfreesboro, TN
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Everyones opinion on most romantic thing to do in Gatlinburg

thanks everyone. I've already been on the skylift and do plan on doing it again. I'm staying at the Lodge at Buckberry Creek for 2 nights. Where is the Clingman's Dome? Thank you all. Keep the suggestions coming. Eli

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,370 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Everyones opinion on most romantic thing to do in Gatlinburg

Follow the signs from the North (Sugarlands) entrance of the park to Newfound Gap. you'll be traveling south on this road to Newfound Gap. Once there, there is a right hand turn (signs are posted) that will take you to the west. The drive can take 20-35 minutes from the park entrance because the road is very winding. but it's well worth it.

TN
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Everyones opinion on most romantic thing to do in Gatlinburg

Are you guys hikers? I have not been on this hike, but I've talked to a lady that went on a hike in the Gatlinburg area. It was like 6 miles up the mountain and then you can stay at a lodge overnight and come down the next morning. Reservations were required. She said the view from there is great. I'm not sure if the sleeping arrangements would be honeymoon worthy, but going to bed (literally) on top of a mountain after a great sunset and waking up to the sunrise on the mountain might be pretty good. Maybe someone else has been there and can give better info on that.

On a more "civilized" note, I think having a picnic lunch in Cades Cove or one of the picnic areas by the stream would be good. (Chimney Tops picnic area is my fovorite). After lunch you can play in the water.

Also make sure you eat at The Peddler. Call ahead for reservations over the stream. The food and service are excellent. I went for the first time on my last Gatlinburg trip and loved it.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Everyones opinion on most romantic thing to do in Gatlinburg

The LeConte Lodge is what you are referring to. Go to the home page at http://www.leconte-lodge.com/home.html

I have never been there, (almost once, but cancelled our reservation) but I know the accomodations are rustic. Reservations need to be made way, way, way in advance.

Smokiesgrl

Chelsea, Alabama
Level Contributor
583 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Everyones opinion on most romantic thing to do in Gatlinburg

I'd like to throw in have a picnic lunch prepared for you and find a secluded spot by a stream. Enjoy a nice lunch just you, your loved one and a babbling stream.

Parton's deli used to prepare a great picnic. They are on the Pigeon Forge end of Gatlinburg, by Hillbilly Golf.

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Everyones opinion on most romantic thing to do in Gatlinburg

There are lots of great hikes you can take in the park that arent 6 miles long and have great views. I would go to the visitors center at Sugarlands to get some information on that. We have done several and the waterfalls are always beautiful and worth the walk.