We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back, some tidbits from our trip

michigan
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Just got back, some tidbits from our trip

Hello all! we just got back from Gatlinburg and wanted to share our experience.

We had a great time. I must admit though that if you are not much into heights, like us, than this might not be the place for you... Anyway here is our 2 cents:

Accomodations:

If you are not afraid of heights and love solitudeand black bears, then the place we stayed at, is for you. You can see it at yourcabinrental.com. It is a brand new gorgeous chalet, with eveything you need. It is kinda a white knuckle ride up to get to it though... It loooks as wonderful as it is.

Attractions:

Ripleys Aquarium: It is, by far the best aquarium that we have been to, ande we have been to alot includin Shedd's (Chicago).

THIS IS A MUST.

Sweet Fanny May Theatre: Very funny, I love the "van Gogh" and my kids (9 &13) and hubby love "the pigeon song". Some of the humor is over the kids head, but they enjoyed it anyway.

Hillbilly Golf. It was a great time!

Ripleys Haunted Adventure: My hubby and my oldest went in. They said it was good and about a 7 outta 10 on the scary scale.

Ripleys 4D: We all really liked this.

Cades Cove: Here we all went horse back riding, it was a real relaxing, beautiful and great ride. The truth is we got lost going to it the first time and ended up on the tallest part of the mountains, actually saw a sign that said North Carolina, which freaked us not so brave heights people. But it was beautiful. It does take about and hour driving on twsity turny roads to get there, so take you time and enjoy the scenery.

Food: (in order from best to worst)

Cherokee Grill: Awesome foood, we had the steak with the worchestire butter, is was AWESOME.. Good kid menu. Great food for a good price.

Applewoods: Right at traffic light 10. We found this place by accident. What wonderful homecooked food. You get a ton of food for the money and the kids get a great menu to chose from too.

Calhouns: I am a rib lover, and I thought the ribs were just ok. The dinner was ok, but nothing special.

Park Grill: We went here due to all the reviews. Well. the salad bar is nice, and the kids menu is calculated by 75 cents per age of child, but my trout was dry and the hubbies steak was not that great. Plus the bill was $$$$$.

Panacke Pantry: Also again , we went here due to the reviews. We had the traditional pancakes and crepes, but like my husband said " a pancake is a pancake." I guess it was ok but the bill for the 4 our us was $55 and we were not impressed.

Well I am sure I forgot a ton. And we did have a great time. I hope this helps. If I forgot anything let me know.

Under your bed
Level Contributor
334 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back, some tidbits from our trip

Yay, you went to my two favorite places in Gatlinburg (RHA and Sweet Fanny *Adams* Theatre). I'm glad you enjoyed them and I'm glad you and your family had a wonderful time in Gatlinburg. Lucky you getting to go horseback riding in Cades Cove... I bet that would be lovely. Sorry some of the restaurants weren't up to par :(

Thanks for posting this!