We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Safe" cabins for New Year's

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, KY
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
"Safe" cabins for New Year's

I don't want to worry about nasty drives up wintry mountain roads. Any suggestions for decent cabins with easy drives?

Was going to go with Gatlinburg Falls Resort but they require a 4 night minimum stay and we only want to stay 2 or 3.

AZ
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: "Safe" cabins for New Year's

Keeny,

I will have a 2 year old and a very pregnant wife, so that pretty much limited me to Gatlinburg Falls (proximity, one-story, safe roads) for New Year's (our anniversary). So I would probably recommend that if that is your need - the safe driving part - maybe you should extend your vacation to one more day. The other option would be to grab a hotel downtown - but a cabin is a cabin!

Anyways, maybe we will run into you there, I know Sparklejoy will be there around that time as well. We should have the whole place to ourselves after New Year's :p

Good luck with your quest, but if you find anything else please post it here for others who may be wondering. It's to late for me, I've already paid the deposit.

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Safe" cabins for New Year's

Yep... I will be there... That is if the army doesnt send my husband back to that hell hole! LOL

I cant tell you what cabin I would recommend, because i will be staying in it!!!

I would check out Aunt Bugs webiste though. We have only had one run in with bad wintery roads and that was last february. I will try and think of some that dont have bad or steep roads and will get back to you.