We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When will Dolly be at Dollywood? DW tips for young familes?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Statesville, North...
Level Contributor
440 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
When will Dolly be at Dollywood? DW tips for young familes?

Does anyone know the dates when Dolly will be visiting Dollywood? I would like to see her, but I am really asking so I can avoid planning a trip during those times. It's sure to be crowded.

Any Dollywood tips for us? We are traveling with 6, 4 and 2 year olds. Any must do's or don't bothers? Any tips to minimize wait time? Any attractions/areas we should do first or last? Any characters to see and have photos with and if so, where do they hang out?

Oh yeah! Any suggestions for fun restaurants for the kids? You know, fun atmosphere and food they would like? More importantly, any places where kids eat free? Gotta save the dough for gas!

Thanks!

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When will Dolly be at Dollywood? DW tips for young familes?

We were at Dollywood last June (first day of KidsFest), did not know until we were riding the tram in that Dolly was supposed to be there, I asked someone where we could stand to see her in the parade, we went and waited at least 1 hour, approx 30 minutes before the parade, they start putting up caution tape to keep the crowds back-no one said anything to us about moving farther back-we were standing behind the tape by a tree where it was wrapped around-well about 5 minutes before parade-some dumb man came and told us and several other people we had to move-we were too close-then why did the other people not tell us-so we had to move-I still got some pictures, not great pictures-but pictures nevertheless. One way to save money is buy a re-useable Dollywood cup and only have to buy refills-they also let you just get ice water for free-bring some of the little Kool Aid packs and make your own-but you did not hear that from me.Go to Dollywood after 3pm, next day is free. Kids will have fun-there is a big "tree house" where kids can fire nerf balls at each other. Make sure you have a picnic in the Smokeys and enjoy the scenery.

Statesville, North...
Level Contributor
440 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When will Dolly be at Dollywood? DW tips for young familes?

I forgot to ask about late April weather. What should we pack? Thanks!

3. Re: When will Dolly be at Dollywood? DW tips for young familes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 24, 2009