We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Got home from my trip yesterday (:

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Under your bed
Level Contributor
334 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Got home from my trip yesterday (:

And what a wonderful 7 days it was; the best time I've ever had in Gatlinburg. Didn't do anything the first two days, but the rest of the week was spent on the Parkway, at Sweet Fanny Adams Theatre or at Ripley's Haunted Adventure. I saw both shows at Sweet Fanny Adams (great stuff, though not quite as good as last year's due to a fair amount of borrowed material) and went through the Haunted Adventure four times (to quote an actor: "You just can't get enough of us, can you?"). The folks who work at both places showed amazing warmth and friendliness to me during my visits (they actually remembered me, even after 7 months of absence). I must thank them for a wonderful time. Special thanks goes to Chris for letting me stalk him for the week (lol) and Brion for the lovely chat at the haunt on Monday, really brightened up the rainy day.

Oh, and I also did visit Mysterious Mansion. The inside is pretty cool and the two guys working the place got a few nice screams out of me, but Ripley's is still my favorite as far as haunted houses go. If someone gave the inside a bit of a revamp to modernize it a little, they'd be a force to be reckoned with.

As far as dinner goes, the only places we ate out at were La Carreta (Pigeon Forge, better than Gatlinburg's), Hard Rock Cafe, the Pancake Pantry (great pancakes!) and twice at Calhoun's (because it was so good!).

If you're interested in pics, you can find 'em here: community.webshots.com/album/378698623HqMIBD

Thanks for letting me ramble, and if you've any questions, just ask. (:

-Lindsay

Mississippi
Level Contributor
268 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Got home from my trip yesterday (:

Nice pics!

We had a wonderful experience on our trip as well back on the 13th through the 17th.

We want to go back already! :(

pataskala oh
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Got home from my trip yesterday (:

Great pics!

We are in the planning stages of a trip to Gatlinburg later this summer. Will need make a point to see Sweet Fanny Adams ourselves.

Under your bed
Level Contributor
334 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Got home from my trip yesterday (:

'We had a wonderful experience on our trip as well back on the 13th through the 17th.'

So I read! You have lovely pictures too (: I'm glad you had fun. We miss the place already too, or at least I do. My parents commented that they're getting tired of Gatlinburg... noooo :( I'll probably end up returning for a long weekend or so next year, though. I wish I could go back in October for Ripley's Fright Nights, but oh well.

'Will need make a point to see Sweet Fanny Adams ourselves.'

Oh yes, you must. I was a little disappointed that some of the material had been borrowed from last year's shows, but they had a lot of new stuff as well and it was still fun! Enjoy your trip, and if you see Chris at the Theatre, tell him Lindsay says "hey!". :)