We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"dry" county???

Detroit
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
"dry" county???

I was just browsing Pigeon Forge's "things to do" section. Under nightlife, I was informed that Pigeon Forge is dry and also in a dry county. Gatlinburg, is the exception, because it has been grandfathered in so that their restaurants and bars can serve alcohol. With that being noted, are there places to buy alcohol? We will be staying in Wears Valley.

Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "dry" county???

I believe there are at least two liquor stores in Gatlinburg, but I've never been in any of them. I have never tried to order any drinks with dinner in PF, but I have in GB.

I would just bring my own if I wanted to have any in Wear's Valley. Last time I stayed there I probably brought some, but I don't think I opened it since we did so much driving.

I know you can buy beer along Wear's Valley Road, because we stopped for some twice.

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "dry" county???

We have gotten beer and wine in restaurants in PF but no liquor is allowed to be sold there.

I think you can purchase beer in some gas stations and stores and there is the winery there.

But Gatlinburg has it all. There are liquor stores and other stores that sell whatever you want.

Most of the restaurants will serve everything, too.

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "dry" county???

You are right. For nightlife, you do have to go to Gatlinburg. They have bars that are open until 2. The restaurants do seerve alcohol there also, and yes they do have liqour stores there also...although I am only aaware of the one on River rd towards the end.

Pigeon Forge does not serve or sell alcohol. There is a gas station at traffilc light #10 (i think it is a marathon) that sells beer and wine cooler type drinks, not sure about alochol. There is a Kroger grocry store near town, but not sure about the beer and alchohol in there. There also is a Food city grocery in Gatlinburg on hwy 321 near the art and crafts community that has a beer and wine section.

As for hard liquor, if you need it for at the cabin or hotel, bring your own, or go into Gatlinburg to get, but you'll probably spend extra for it. If it's just beer and coolers, then you can buy them at the gas station in PG or probably at the Kroger

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
6,134 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "dry" county???

There is a nice, fully stocked liquor store in GB on the left just as you start into GB from the PF side. They are usually busy LOL.

PF has some wine and beer at CVS and a few other stores. If you have special brands or tastes, you may want to pick some up before you get to the area or bring it with you unopened and packed if you are driving.

Gulf Shores, AL
Level Contributor
163 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: "dry" county???

You can now buy beer at the grocery stores in Pigeon Forge. That was changed I believe last summer. You cannot buy wine, but you can buy beer. Obviously you cannot buy liquor.

Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
6,134 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "dry" county???

I may have mis spoke about the wine at CVS and stores, but there is a nice winery with reasonable wine prices and free sampling on the right sort of across from the dinosaur place in PF.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
884 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "dry" county???

Hoosier was correct about the liquor store on the left but also charges alot due to the fact it is right on the parkway and easily seen. We stopped there 3 weeks ago and they were $5 higher for a bottle of Jim Beam than the store on 321. Turn left at light #3 coming from PF onto 321 and it is probably a mile or less on the right. Large selection and much cheaper.

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "dry" county???

^ right in front of the winery, right before the salt &pepper shaker museum.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "dry" county???

There is also a liquor store in Gatlinburg off of 321 in the same shopping center as Food City. Oh, and don't forget to eat at The Gondolier Italian Restuarant right next to it.

Cindy

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "dry" county???

I did not notice one there but I have ate at the Gondolier Italian Restuarant, the bread sticks ar e not the best but they are fresh, the chicken alfrado was real good and hughe amount to an order. No parking problem, no long lines to get in or get a table. Service was real good.