We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

has anyone stayed at riverhouse at the park? is it nice?

cape girardeau, mo
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Topic
has anyone stayed at riverhouse at the park? is it nice?

i am searching for a place to stay and wonder how riverhouse at the park is?

WV
Level Contributor
236 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: has anyone stayed at riverhouse at the park? is it nice?

I have not stayed but the reviews on this site have been glowing. check the Gatlinburg Hotels link to the left for several reviews.

I am thinking of staying there for our nov trip.

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: has anyone stayed at riverhouse at the park? is it nice?

Riverhouse at the Park is a newer, very nice hotel. Have only been in one of their rooms, but it was clean and well-kept. This hotel is also located in a more quiet area of Gatlinburg (sitting right on the edge of the national park) than a lot of the others and is only a block or so from some very good restaurants. The only one that is a long distance from it that you definitely don't want to miss is the Pancake Pantry.

cape girardeau, mo
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: has anyone stayed at riverhouse at the park? is it nice?

thanks!!! after much research, i believe riverhouse at the park is going to be my choice, but i was wondering if the pool was nice? there wasn't a pic of it on their website

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: has anyone stayed at riverhouse at the park? is it nice?

We do not swim, so I do not know anything about their pool. Sorry I can't help you there. My neighbors stayed there a year or so ago, though, and I will try to ask them and see if they swam there.

cape girardeau, mo
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: has anyone stayed at riverhouse at the park? is it nice?

thanks for your help!!!

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: has anyone stayed at riverhouse at the park? is it nice?

Well, my neighbors did not visit the pool at Riverhouse at the Park either, but he said it seemed to be a nice pool, as much as he could remember. Sorry I can't help more.

cape girardeau, mo
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: has anyone stayed at riverhouse at the park? is it nice?

don't worry about it, i appreciate all your help!!! just as long as it has water in it , that's all my 3yr old will worry about!!!!

riverhouse is going to be my choice!!! sounds good

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: has anyone stayed at riverhouse at the park? is it nice?

You could always email the chamber of commerce and they have all kinds of information mailed and emailed to you concerning attractions, restaurants, and hotels. They also send a little booklet that has lots of info as well as discount coupons for various things. When are you planning to be there? We have reservations at the Clarion for July 27-Aug. 1.

cape girardeau, mo
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: has anyone stayed at riverhouse at the park? is it nice?

thanks, i'll look into that, we are planning a trip probably mid-july! looking forward to it. we usually go to the beach every year so this is going to be a bit of a change!!!!

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: has anyone stayed at riverhouse at the park? is it nice?

I think you will enjoy Gatlinburg very much. I began vacationing there with my parents on a regular basis since I was a child and then continued to make regular visits ever since, taking my own son and now my grandchildren. We used to go to Daytona Beach, FL, but much prefer the mountains of Tennessee. There is so much to see and do in the area that you never tire of vacationing there. There will be a nice Craftsman's Fair there July 22-31 at the Convention Center, which we normally make a point to attend. Don't miss the aquarium and of course, hiking or driving through the national park.