We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Creekside Cabins?

Indiana
Level Contributor
21 posts
Creekside Cabins?

Has anyone recently stayed in or looked at a cabin that has a creek or river? I was thinking I wanted to stay in Cobbly Nob, but now I'm not sure. I've seen some pretty cool cabins with water.

Although I love the high mountain views, I'm an overprotective first-time mom, and my son will be 1 1/2 when we go...yeah so unrealistically freaking out he's gonna fall of the mountain or something...haha.

At any rate, I think it would be awesome to find a cabin with nobody around me where I can sit on the deck and listen to the water. And also take my son down there to play in it. We need at least a 2 bedroom...4 adults and my son. I would appreciate suggestions! Thank you.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Creekside Cabins?

ND, pull up Country Elegance Cabins in Gat. We stayed in "Old Buck" and loved it. Secluded over the river. Wonderfully peaceful sitting in the Hot tub on the outdoor patio or in the screened in Porch and listening to the water run over the rocks. It was a Feb and I even left the windows open so it lulled me to sleep. It is miles up 321(light 3) in Gat. I think they have one other on the water too. "Gone Fishing".

Call local owner of these cabins, Sarah Law. What the website and pics don't tell you, she is very helpful with detailed questions.

B

Aurora,KY
Level Contributor
528 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: Creekside Cabins?

We stayed in a cabin with Mountain Rentals in Oct.2006. The name is Granny Smith and it is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath and it is on the river. The web site for Mountain Rentals is www.mountainchalets.com and the pictures on the web site are exactly the way the cabin looks. You have to walk down to the river but we did and my husband did some trout fishing. You are actually close to the river but not right on top of it. If I remember right both decks on the cabins are screened but you may have a problem inside with the little one because there are steps going downstairs to the bedrooms and the bathrooms but I thought I would tell you about it. We really enjoyed our stay there but we weren't crazy about the drive back to it but we made it. The top floor is all open and Mountain Rentals was really nice to work with. Sitting on the decks were nice and watching the river is so relaxing.I just went to the web site and looks like they have added the washer and dryer and the hot tub since we were there. So the owners have really listened to their renters. They really do keep the cabin clean also.

Linda

Indiana
Level Contributor
21 posts
3. Re: Creekside Cabins?

ky3ma, was that cabin by other ones? I was looking at one on their site that was owned by the same person I think. I got on the chat thing and asked if there were cabins close to it, even though it said secluded. And I was told there were three other cabins by it...no space in between. Nice. Oh well. Sorry for asking this again...just joined and realized I can do a pretty good search in the forum. I think I'm being too picky :) I'm sure my mom can find something...she's on here constantly. Just too many choices. Thanks!

Aurora,KY
Level Contributor
528 posts
36 reviews
4. Re: Creekside Cabins?

There are 3 other cabins in that area so it really isn't secluded. I just asked my husband how far apart since I am not good with estimating distance and he said about 100' apart. We went in October and when we first got there someone was renting the one on the right of us but they only stayed the one day we were there and then we had it all to ourselves except for the caretakers two cabins down and we didn't even know they were there. I know what you mean though about seclusion. The one that B is talking about sounds really nice and I have heard nothing but good about it. This forum is the best and I have learned a lot just reading the postings. A great group of people.

Linda

Orange Beach
Level Contributor
459 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Creekside Cabins?

Okay - no help with cabins here - we've stayed in so many, I have a hard time remembering which ones were high, which ones were valley and which were water and secluded, but I would like to make a recommendation about "nervous, first time mom". The first time I ever took my girls to the mountains when they were that young, we went with friends who had children the same age. My friend had purchased a harness for her youngest daughter - that was unheard of back in those days, but let me tell you it was such a lifesaver to have for an active, running every which way, little one. I managed to hunt one down to purchase for my own daughter. Now I am the grandmother to toddling twins and the harnesses are not such a novelty. I have two that are attached to stuffed animal backpacks. I feel comfortable taking them anywhere. They don't have to be constantly held which makes them happy and I don't have to worry that they will run in two different directions and "toppling off the mountains".

Indiana
Level Contributor
21 posts
6. Re: Creekside Cabins?

Yeah, I have thought of getting one of those, haven't had the need yet. So glad you mentioned it...I tend to be absent-minded. Probably wouldn't have thought of it before then! I should probably order one now. haha. Thanks!

7. Re: Creekside Cabins?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, September 17, 2009