We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does it rain a lot in gatlinburg?

kentucky
14 posts
Save Topic
Does it rain a lot in gatlinburg?

I was wondering if it rains constantly around this time? we are going this weekend and it shows thunderstorms for the whole week. don't know if it will be constant or if gatlinburg just has brief periods of rain or what. thank's

Bowling Green,KY
Level Contributor
168 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does it rain a lot in gatlinburg?

Well I go once every summer and It always rains atleast one of the 4 days we are there. Rain is oretty consistant but it rains in short bursts so it will not ruin your trip.

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does it rain a lot in gatlinburg?

We have had a short shower or sprinkle during our summer months. They seem to come up quickly and pass quickly, so be prepared. Even though they are predicting rain during your stay, i highly doubt it will rain everyday! Hope you have a good trip. Oh, and the mountain mist is beautiful after the rain!

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does it rain a lot in gatlinburg?

We find that it does rain at least once nearly every time we are in Gatlinburg, but it usually doesn't last a very long time. We just make sure to have our rain ponchos, which are for sale in many of the shops, if you didn't bring one with you. The rain has never stopped us from doing what we planned to do and it is usually short and then forgotten about. We enjoy sitting on our balcony and listening to the rain while we look out at the beautiful mountains.

Under your bed
Level Contributor
334 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does it rain a lot in gatlinburg?

Depends on your luck, really. When we visited last June, it was cloudy one day and rained/stormed for 3 of the 7 days we were there. Awful. It was very disheartening.

Then we came back in October, and had perfect, warm weather the entire four days. I actually got a sunburn from sitting on the balcony the last day we were there, lol.

Gatlinburg's weather seems to be very unpredictable, but I'll go with what others have said: we get rain at least one day per visit, save for that rare occasion in October.

Galion, Ohio
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Does it rain a lot in gatlinburg?

We went last week, and it barely rained once in the middle of the night, but the weather was perfect for us.

USA
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does it rain a lot in gatlinburg?

No more than anywhere else, but in the summer, a late afternoon thundershower is fairly common--and welcome as it cools things off!

Up in the mountains there are areas that are rain forrest--but even there it doesn't rain that much--it just rains, very, very hard when it does.

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does it rain a lot in gatlinburg?

Went in August last year and everyday was beautiful but always rained in middle of afternoon but did not last long.

Bowling Green,KY
Level Contributor
168 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does it rain a lot in gatlinburg?

Therefore we conclude It does often rain in Gatlinburg but mot as ChrisBreen said as "constantly"