We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatlinburg, Here we Come!

Bowling Green,KY
Level Contributor
168 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Gatlinburg, Here we Come!

We are heading out to Gatlinburg in a week and half. We are going to have a BLAST! Any Ideas on where to get food and other things for cheap? Im definently going back to the Pancake Pantry and were going to try out the infamous Donut Friar. And On the way out, hopefully it wont go that fast, were going to get some of Aunt Mahalias candy. Any ideas on what we should do or visit? Thanks.

Big D

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatlinburg, Here we Come!

There are so many great things to see and do in the area that i could go on forever, but i will give you my top pics.

'1. explore the park- there is a great information center at Sugrlands, just past the entrance to the park off the main gatlinburg road. They have Great info on trails, hikes, etc..

2. Drive the Roaring Fork Auto Trail- it is actually outside the park, it is a great drive, very beautiful and serene, but it can be steep at times.

3. Fun attractions: Ripley's aquarium, Ripley's putt-putt, the yellow ski lift chairs or the tram.

4. Places to eat: Legends by Max ( Great italian food) Cherokee Grill, Park Grill

5. Shopping: the newer outlet in Sevierville is great, and there are tons and tons of shops all along the main strip of Gatlinburg.

6. Places to Aviod: No Way Jose's has terrible food. Ober Gatlinburg is extremely outdated.

7. WAtch out for those on the streets offering cash or free tickets, it is usually a scam to get you to view and purchase a time share.

Hope this helps some.... If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask away!!

Bowling Green,KY
Level Contributor
168 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatlinburg, Here we Come!

Any good cheap restraunts?

Thanks

Big D

Galion, Ohio
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatlinburg, Here we Come!

We just came back from Gatlinburg, and I can assure you that cheap and good aren't really a combination as far as restaurants go. To get something good you can expect to pay for it.

Bowling Green,KY
Level Contributor
168 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatlinburg, Here we Come!

Hofbrauhaus Restaurant and Cheese Cupboard is good and cheap. I also like Calhouns and Bennetts.

Under your bed
Level Contributor
334 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatlinburg, Here we Come!

Week and a half? Lucky you. We still have a little over 2 weeks :(

Most of the folks who posted pretty much covered everything I'd advise. But I'll give a few recommendations, too.

See: Ripley's Haunted Adventure, Sweet Fanny Adams Theater (fantastic!), Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum

Avoid like the plague: World of Illusions (horrible!), La Carreta Mexican Restaurant (the one in Pigeon Forge is good, the one in Gatlinburg was awful)

Eat at: The Park Grill, Hard Rock Cafe (unless you've eaten at one already; this one is like all the others, except a little more lively)... also, the fudge at The Fudgery is GREAT (it's on 'Ripley Row'- you pass it as you walk by the Museum).

Have fun! Be sure to tell us about your trip when you return!

Bowling Green,KY
Level Contributor
168 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatlinburg, Here we Come!

Thank you

Big D

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gatlinburg, Here we Come!

Hillbilly Golf (best miniature golf around)

Ripley's Aquarium (a must see)

Applewood Farmhouse Grill (in gatlinburg great food)

Oviedo, FL
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gatlinburg, Here we Come!

Try Old Mill in Pigeon Forge.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
684 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gatlinburg, Here we Come!

hey Big D ,

looks like u r excited to go to Gatlinburg..

seeing that u r from Ky. are u a UK Wildcat fan ?

we r going 6-18 , and will be wearing ALL our UK Blue,,, rumor has it that Tenn. fans dread the UK Blue in their town..

whats up w/ Aunt Mahalias candy ?

lates

Bowling Green,KY
Level Contributor
168 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gatlinburg, Here we Come!

Ripken,

Definetly a Uk Fan. I dont have enought UK clothes thought to wear. LOL. I will be able to pick you out though I bet and If I do I will sya Hello.